Oil & Fuel Difficulty in servicing fuel in the 3525

/ Difficulty in servicing fuel in the 3525 #1  

newtractor

Tractor
Mahindra 3525
Has anybody had a hard time servicing fuel in their mahindra tractors? Any suggestions on how to best do it without pouring half on the ground? This is got to be one of the hardest tractors to fill up /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ Difficulty in servicing fuel in the 3525 #2  
Where is the fuel spout on the 3525? On my 5005 is in right in front of the steering wheel on top. I normally spill a little, but that is because I am either using a can to do it or an electric pump that has no "almost done" cutoff on it. But then, the only tractors we have that we haven't spilled fuel on is....well, none of them. Sort of goes with the territory I guess.

/ Difficulty in servicing fuel in the 3525
Hurd, mine in the same place as yours it has the locking fuel lid and is in the angle part of the sheetmetal in front of the dash. I'll probally buy a funnel before the next service.

/ Difficulty in servicing fuel in the 3525 #4  
use a big funnel and rest the gas can on the steering,,, its very easy.

/ Difficulty in servicing fuel in the 3525 #5  
I use a funnel with a fine mesh screen... makes filling easier and keeps debris out of the tank. I stand on an old metal milk crate to fill from side of tractor and make 5-gallon container easier to handle.

/ Difficulty in servicing fuel in the 3525 #6  
I use a siphon rig. Just plastic tubin with an end that you "jig" up and down to start the flow. Works good and I can see when the tank is full. Might have a few drops fall off the hose when pulled out, but other than that, pretty clean method.
This "jig" rig starts fairly easy if there is a foot or more of fuel to jig it in. So if a 5 gal. can is 1/4 full, I will use a funnel.

/ Difficulty in servicing fuel in the 3525 #7  
i forgot the word wheel, rest the gas can on the steering wheel, that way you dont have to hold that weight. oops

/ Difficulty in servicing fuel in the 3525 #9  
There is a variety of siphon rigs. The one I refered to is HERE.

Some have rubber bulbs to start the flow, and some have a small attached pump to start things.

Of course you can use just a lenght of plastic hose, and suck on it to start. Doesn't taste too good though. One has to be FAST to use this method without getting a mouthful.

Try this web page for yet another way.

The only trick to any of it is to make sure that you have the "in" end of the hose lower than the "out" end.