Backhoe Digging small trenches without a backhoe

/ Digging small trenches without a backhoe #21  
I dug this ditch with a skid steer because I didn’t feel like putting my smaller backhoe bucket on. I’ve dug drainage ditches with tractor buckets before. It works pretty good in mud. This was rock hard dirt and I had a hard time with 7500 pounds of breakout force. I doubt a tractor would have done it. IMG_7085.JPG

/ Digging small trenches without a backhoe #22  
I dug a trench for the first time with a ripper attachment on my Kioti yesterday. Turned out really easy. I also dug a deep hole with the bucket for a rubble pit drain. At first I was going to get a neighbor with a backhoe to come in, but ended up doing all with my tractor. The single tine ripper was a really cheap implement and I've hardly used it, but it was just the thing for this job.

IMG-20191016-WA0000.jpeg

IMG_20191016_124703609.jpg

/ Digging small trenches without a backhoe #23  
I dug a trench for the first time with a ripper attachment on my Kioti yesterday. Turned out really easy. I also dug a deep hole with the bucket for a rubble pit drain. At first I was going to get a neighbor with a backhoe to come in, but ended up doing all with my tractor. The single tine ripper was a really cheap implement and I've hardly used it, but it was just the thing for this job.

View attachment 624992

View attachment 624993

With nice dirt like that you could dig to china as long as you didn't mind making a long ramp trench to get the tractor back out with. We don't have dirt like that on my place... We grow nice rocks here.

/ Digging small trenches without a backhoe #24  
Like you KOUA we have a lot of rock here.
I ran a ditch about 120 feet using the ripper first then my tater plow. Placed two lines in it. A solid for the gutter and a perf. to help pull excess ground water away.