Ditch Witch Sk650

/ Ditch Witch Sk650 #1  

Ditchwitch650

Tractor
Ditch Witch Sk650
I'm a total Newbie here and to tractors in general. I just bought my first tracked mini loader. A Ditch Witch SK650. It has 180hrs. I looked at very basic things when buying such as hydraulic power, not blowing blue smoke etc...

I was told the Hydraulic Oil Reservoir had a small leak so Hydraulic fluid needed to be added occasionally. Since I bought it a few days ago, I have noticed the level of fluid lessen. It was full when bought, but the indicator window is now half full which is actually what the manual says is the correct level.
My questions are.

1. Is it ok that the oil that was added was Ace Hardware multi purpose Hydraulic oil?

2. The Hydraulic fluid indicator is at half full when machine is off and Hydraulics are rested, which is correct according to manufacturer. But when lifting, the fluid lessens and even dissapears in the indicator window at a full lift. Is this normal?

Everything is fully operational and seems to work fine to my knowledge, but I have a suspicion the hydraulic leak is somewhere else. I cleaned the whole machine down so I can inspect after use for a leak of some kind.