ditching bucket

/ ditching bucket #1  

arrow

Tractor
Mahindra 3016
Anyone ever see anything like this? I've seen the stump grubber buckets but they just point into a hole you want to dig and are limited to depth. I'm looking for something with a 2.5' to 3' depth of dig that would just sort of "slide" into a deepened space and excavate from the bottom up such as a backhoe would. This is on a quick hitch and would need no other hydraulic lines such as the backhoe quick hitch attachment. Mustn't be feasible or else somebody would have made it already.

Attachments

• Scan 1.jpeg
    Scan 1.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 345
   / ditching bucket #2  
If you're putting in on the front of a tractor #1 you won't be able to see what your doing with it that far in front of you & #2 you will be backing up and turning more than you are digging trying to get rid of the dirt in the bucket and you will be getting a lot of dirt in your 7" wide ditch from the tires which means more digging either with your bucket or a spade.

/ ditching bucket #3  
Problem is digging force. I created something similar but in practice I can't get enough downward force to penetrate very far except in soft soil. I think you'll have better luck if you reverse the bucket so you cut into the soil similar to a backhoe bucket.

/ ditching bucket
Someone has tried it. There's a bucket like that in a photo in post one here:

http://www.mytractorforum.com/12-john-deere-forum/740753-trencher-fel.html

Bruce

Boy I dunno how you found this Bruce. Thanks. I've been looking all over the place with no results. I believe it might be feasible as one does not have to steer very far to dump out from a 9" ditch and of course you'd dig moving backward as you went along. Also I think one would be dead in the water without putting teeth on it. I've dug holes with my regular bucket deep enough where you could no longer see the hood of the tractor with a toothed bucket. The guy in your link dug that pictured ditch with an MF 1655 which is basically a garden tractor. It might be worth to make after all because I can't find a commercial one anywhere..

/ ditching bucket #6  
If you're putting in on the front of a tractor #1 you won't be able to see what your doing with it that far in front of you & #2 you will be backing up and turning more than you are digging trying to get rid of the dirt in the bucket and you will be getting a lot of dirt in your 7" wide ditch from the tires which means more digging either with your bucket or a spade.

This is exactly right;I purchased a "stump bucket",looked like a good idea;It wasn't for the reasons described above.Sold it for half what I paid.

/ ditching bucket #7  
I dug a 4' deep, 6' wide, 16' long hole with a stump bucket and regular bucket on a skid steer. It took me about 3 hours. It was blackland clay which is rock hard in the summer but relatively soft when damp and I did it in November after a little rain.

20161113_163820.jpg