dk 45s bush hug

/ dk 45s bush hug #1  

GMTECH

what size should i buy im cutting around hay felds and along creek which has 1-2 inch brush to many to chose from i want a good one that will last

/ dk 45s bush hug #2  
I personally use a Massey Ferguson 1051. I believe that is the correct model number. Very heavy built. 72" wide. The tractor could easily handle a 84" in my opinion. I mow in high range 1st gear and never drop rpm's. Uphill, tall grass, weeds. It does not matter. Never begins to even pull the tractor down any. 72" is a good size. Easy to get around with. If you have wide open mowing to do, than I would go with a 84" mower. Just remember, bigger size = bigger price. Good luck!

/ dk 45s bush hug #3  
72" Woods or Bush Hog
If you are wide open the 84" in nice, but it is very big.

/ dk 45s bush hug #4  
While the DK45S will handle an 84" mower, I would go with a 72" for lower cost, and better maneuverability. I'm convinced that the Woods mowers are well worth the money and I've seen many very old Woods mowers still hanging around after 30 years.
That said, I use an economy brand, Howse, and it has done very well for me. If cost is not so important, go with the Woods.
John

/ dk 45s bush hug #5  
The Woods BB720 has been a good match for the DK 45 in clearing an over grown clear cut. Two inch stuff is well within its ability, I often cut larger stuff in the 3 to 4 inch range without problem.