DK xx10 fuel heater

/ DK xx10 fuel heater #1  

D&D

Platinum Member
Tractor
KIoti, JD, Kubota
Was chatting with PTSG about the switch holes in the cab and what are they all for. When looking at the US wiring diagram they have something labeled Fuel heater (option). Anybody have one or know what it is?

/ DK xx10 fuel heater #2  
I just purchased the Kioti OEM fuel heater for my DK4210SE. It comes with the whole fuel filter assembly - including a new fuel filter. Up top is the priming cylinder. The heater itself looks like ~1" cylindrical "spacer" just above the fuel filter. A couple of small hoses and some wiring with OEM connectors is also included. I too was expecting a switch, but it looks like the ECU uses its temperature sensors to know when it wants to turn on the fuel heater. I have not yet installed it but it all looks very straightforward. I purchased it on Ebay and it sure seems like a bargain for what you get... $139.

/ DK xx10 fuel heater #3  
I just purchased the Kioti OEM fuel heater for my DK4210SE. It comes with the whole fuel filter assembly - including a new fuel filter. Up top is the priming cylinder. The heater itself looks like ~1" cylindrical "spacer" just above the fuel filter. A couple of small hoses and some wiring with OEM connectors is also included. I too was expecting a switch, but it looks like the ECU uses its temperature sensors to know when it wants to turn on the fuel heater. I have not yet installed it but it all looks very straightforward. I purchased it on Ebay and it sure seems like a bargain for what you get... $139.

You live in CA, yes? Why would you need a fuel heater in your climate?
I had a block heater on my 2010 DK, open station. Never plugged it in, ever. Granted, my DK was garage kept with radiant heated floors at 50 degrees all
winter....

/ DK xx10 fuel heater #4  
I looked at the kit online and I'm wondering if it is like the set-up on my Toolcat. Once it gets cold enough, a valve opens to route the warm fuel returning from the pump (return line) into the fuel filter housing to warm it. There would not be a heat element or switch involved.