Mowing DK40 belly mower

/ DK40 belly mower #1  

northcreek2624

Gold Member
Tractor
KIOTI DK40(2002)) Jacobsen 628D AWD Turfcat
One reason why I bought my DK40 was the mid and rear PTO's.I thought at some date that I might like to get a mid-mower,a recent trip to the Kioti web site does not show any.
Did they drop them?or am I missing something?...Mike.

/ DK40 belly mower #2  
Most people who buy a 40, which is big for a compact tractor, will likely use a rear finish mower.

I am sure someone makes them, I just wouldn't be able to point you in the right direction. Caroni makes decent stuff and they sell through a variety of names and vendors.

Also, think about PM one of the Kioti delaers on this site, I am sure they would help.

/ DK40 belly mower #3  
I've never heard of a midmount mower for the DK series. I don't believe Kioti makes one. You might check with Bobcat as their CT440 is the same tractor as the DK40se and I believe they do sell MMMs at least for the smaller tractors.

/ DK40 belly mower #4  
Actually, there is a mid-mount mower for the DK Series. Last time we checked, there are still a few in the warehouse. Contact your dealer for more details.

/ DK40 belly mower #5  
MichiganIron said:
Actually, there is a mid-mount mower for the DK Series. Last time we checked, there are still a few in the warehouse. Contact your dealer for more details.

Learn something new everyday.

/ DK40 belly mower
Yes,I do recall seeing a photo of them and they looked pretty Heavy Duty(7ga.deck).I'm thinking of selling my 72" Woods Brush Bull and getting a belly mower.I cut trails through wooded areas and the rear unit makes a long unmanuverable unit...thanks for the input guys,Mike.

Last edited:
   / DK40 belly mower #7  
Yes,I do recall seeing a photo of them and they looked pretty Heavy Duty(7ga.deck).I'm thinking of selling my 72" Woods Brush Bull and getting a belly mower.I cut trails through wooded areas and the rear unit makes a long unmanuverable unit...thanks for the input guys,Mike.

If you are cutting trails you might want to consider a flail mower instead. MMMs are generally finish cut and the blades are not intended to chew up brush. A flail mower is only about three feet deep and manuvers much more easily than either a RFM or bush hog. Read the "let's talk about flail mowers" thread for more info.

/ DK40 belly mower
I have used Ford commercial grade flail mowers with a variety of blades and find that they are not much good on brush either and blade maintenance is a pain.They do however tolerate rocks better than a rotary.
My trails have already be blazed so it's pretty much mowing with light brush....thanks,Mike.