Traction DK45 cab.

/ DK45 cab. #1  

dirtdevil911

Tractor
L3410
Ok I have a DK45 cab with loader 4X4 and industrial tires not loaded. The other day I was looking at the tires on the asphalt and thought they were sitting really plump or very very round and little surface area on the ground. Checked tire pressure and the rears were at 35 psi. So I read the tire side wall and it states do not exceed 35 psi for seating the bead. Soooo....

I drop the tire pressure to 20 psi right away. What is a good riding pressure. I just cut lawn and blow snow with this bad boy.

Cheers Don.

P.S. the industrial tire has the most bite with out chains I have had yet. I have had conventional tractor tires and lawn tires. For blowing snow with out any chains these are the best of both worlds.

/ DK45 cab. #2  
Hey Don, just checked the manual and it says...35 psi for rears and 45 psi for fronts.

/ DK45 cab. #3  
I run the rear tires at 20psi. The fronts are at 45.

James K0UA

/ DK45 cab. #4  
Yes I just checked the manual and the 20 rear and 45 front is what is listed for my tractor (DK35se) but the DK45 shows 35 rear and 45 front..

/ DK45 cab. #5  
Don, just found a note on page 4-60 in manual saying if tires are loaded, add 2 psi to allow for "ventilation symptom"....so 37 psi for rears.

/ DK45 cab.
Thanks for the reply's folks!

Well at 20 it seems to ride nicer. They are 8 ply and not loaded. I will check the fronts and see where they are at.

Cheers Don.

/ DK45 cab. #7  
I don't think the tractors heavy enough to warrant 35-37 psi in the rear tires.
I am getting my DK 45 se Cab this afternoon, it will have a hoe on the back.
I'm going to load the rear tires this weekend, I have a calcium pump, I think I'm going to run about 25 to 27 psi in the rears and 50 in the front.

I think alot of manufacturers just put whatever is says on the tire in the manual.

I don't know what they are talking about with this ventilation syndrome, unless they think the tires are going to bead leak.

/ DK45 cab.
Just spoke with my tire guy and he told me to run 18 psi in the rears with out it being loaded. We can go as low as 15 if we want with out any problems.

Cheers Don.

/ DK45 cab. #9  
My DK 35 has loaded rears.
I run 15 psi in the rear and 40 psi up front.

/ DK45 cab. #10  
This probably depends a lot on model and tire size. My DK45S manual says 20 psi front and back for all tire types except turf, which is 24 psi in the rear only. See: http://pt709.synology.me/tires.pdf

But if this is wrong, it wouldn't be first error I encountered in the paper manuals.