DK45S fuel tank removal.

/ DK45S fuel tank removal. #1  

RandyT

Elite Member
Tractor
KIOTI DK45S
Has anybody had to remove the plastic fuel tank from their DK45S. What all has to come off to get the tank out. It almost looks like the dash frame assembly has to be removed to get clearance or will the tank rotate out with the air cleaner and possible the muffler removed.

tank is leaking behind what looks like the hold down strap at a seam about 6 inches from the top of the tank. Have replacement tank ordered, but waiting to get replacement before starting teardown.

/ DK45S fuel tank removal. #2  
If it is anything like my Bobcat, CT 235, it looks like a real task.

Years ago, a fuel nozzle fell down in my 5 gal fuel can and I investigated on how to remove the tank to get it out and 10 years later that tank is never budged out of the tractor

/ DK45S fuel tank removal.
Got the tank out and back in. Not a bad job. Overhead hoist is a must to help control the tank while tilting and wiggling out of it home

/ DK45S fuel tank removal. #4  
I have a 2010 dk45 cab that had some rodent chew thru tank. I ordered a new one, but while i waited i patched the hole with jbweld product for plastic. That was like 8 years ago. The new tank is still sitting on shelf. I never did try swapping it out. Good to know it wasnt that hard….it sure looks complicated.

/ DK45S fuel tank removal.
In my case I had thought that the tank has cracked on a seam behind the hold down strap. After removing the tank discovered that the strap had been overtightened to the point that the fuel cap side of the tank had been crushed and folded the side of the tank in about 2 inches from the top to the point that it had kinked the tank and then cracked. Also discovered that the tank was also cracked around all the fuel float level mounting studs.

And i will agree, it looks like something that will make you go bald. But with the hoist holding the weight it basically just slide out from under the dash over the top of the engine.