DK45s Rear hydraulic port size

/ DK45s Rear hydraulic port size #1  

spanky8N

Silver Member
Tractor
Red, blue, orange, green...did I miss any?
I am excited /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif . I just recieved my hydraulic top link. I need to buy a couple of male connectors for the hoses. I am NOT a hydraulic expert and I am not near my tractor does anyone know what size male connectors I should buy? I searched the web site and could not find a size. From memory I think they look like 1/2 inch but I do not want to be wrong and not be using the top link I have waited so long to recieve /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif .
Thanks in advance.
Dan

/ DK45s Rear hydraulic port size #2  
I'm not sure on the size but 1/2" is about right. Just make sure you get the same type of matching male connector. There are several different styles and not all are compatible.

Also, if you use 1/4" hose for the connections to the cylinder you will be restricting the flow somewhat but it does have the advantage of being able to feather the top link easier (ie. it will move slower). With 3/8" or 1/2" hoses the cylinder will move rather quickly when actuated.

/ DK45s Rear hydraulic port size #3  
I purchased the hoses and coupling devices at Tractorsupply. Hopefully you have a TSC store near you. My hoses are 3/8x24".

I do not know the correct terminology, but you will want the pressureized couplers, not the ones with the little (ball bearing) at the end. Just unhook one from your front end loader and you will see what I'm talking about.

Just guessing, but I would say my cylinder will retract from fully open in 2 seconds or less at tractor idle.

I would take a picture for you but I broke a pin in my camcorder. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

RedDog

/ DK45s Rear hydraulic port size #4  
Pioneer 8010-4 Male tip is what you will need.... Very common coupler. It will be 1/2" theard size...

/ DK45s Rear hydraulic port size
Thanks Jon & everyone,
I believe I can get the right match now. I am excited to give it a try this weekend.
Dan

/ DK45s Rear hydraulic port size #6  
RedDog--"I would take a picture for you but I broke a pin in my camcorder."

Taking pics of Fords and Chevies again???

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

KO