Do you know this man?

/ Do you know this man? #11  
This is why some of us in Michigan do not recognize the Detroit area as ours. We're trying to give it back to Canada, but they won't take it. :laughing:

At least half of them have already moved away haven't they?

/ Do you know this man? #13  
At least half of them have already moved away haven't they?

Actually I'm not sure they are moving away. This is really too tragic to joke about but now Detroit is No. 1 in the US in homicides and Flint is No. 3.

/ Do you know this man? #14  
I know a guy who wanted to check how much gas he had in the fuel cell on his stock Car...it was too dark to see so he used his disposable cigarette lighter as a light source! :shocked: It didn't blow up in a fireball but it did catch on fire. (The opening into his fuel cell was almost 4 inches in diameter.) I also know of one guy here who was stripping an old car to make a Stock Car out if it and while in the process of using a cutting torch to remove the rear bumper managed to heat up the stock gas tank (no cap on the tank) and the escaping fumes ignited and burned him very severely.

/ Do you know this man? #15  
Several years ago , early '90's , I had a pretty new lawn mower that had a issue with the carb. Somehow had got water in it , sprinklers , thunderstorm night before , ?? , Would not run anyway . To drain the bowl though , had to take off a plastic fuel line . Piece of garbage came off hard , figured it woud be a pain to put back on . Got carb bowl emptied , reassembled and just had line to put back on .

Yep , You Guess It !!! :shocked: Fred pulls out His Lighter and is going to Heat Up the end of the fuel line to slip it back on . Tank was empty but the little residue that was still in the line when I lowered it Caught My Attention to say the least .:confused3:

Told Better Half that lawn would be mowed later that afternoon and headed to Napa Parts . New Rubber Fuel line , new clamps , Mower never had a issue until it lost spark last year .

I Guess I am one of those people who are Handy to have around . Maybe not to Help on a Project , But at least I would Provide Entertainment !! :thumbsup:

Fred H.

/ Do you know this man? #17  
I never ask how stupid people can be anymore, someone always shows me.

Last edited:
   / Do you know this man? #18  
Back in the early 80's I was a prison guard in the Adirondack Mountains. We gassed the patrol trucks at the end of the shift and with the crap winter weather the lock on the gas pump was often frozen to some extent. One night I drove up to see the other patrol officer wailing away on the frozen lock with her Bic lighter. I drove up and told her to get the lighter away from the gas pump before she caught it on fire. She didn't really believe me at first:confused3:. Priceless.................................. and she had a Bachelors Degree from John Jay :rolleyes: Sometimes you just have to wonder...