Dodge 2005 - 2500 Diesel

/ Dodge 2005 - 2500 Diesel #81  
I agree, electrical problems can be a nightmare, especially with all the wiring on today's trucks. This thing is costing you time and money, and the smartest thing would be to trade it off.

/ Dodge 2005 - 2500 Diesel
Yes the truck has a new issue :( hoping someone may have some advice as it has us puzzled... :confused:

Go to start the truck in the morning and it literally putters right out (or chokes out - maybe wrong technical terms) - but once you get it going after a few times of it puttering out it's fine. There is no check engine light coming on to give any codes unfortunately.

/ Dodge 2005 - 2500 Diesel #83  
Yes the truck has a new issue :( hoping someone may have some advice as it has us puzzled... :confused:

Go to start the truck in the morning and it literally putters right out (or chokes out - maybe wrong technical terms) - but once you get it going after a few times of it puttering out it's fine. There is no check engine light coming on to give any codes unfortunately.

I would trade it for a Yellow Dog then shoot the Dog.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

No, really. This thing is a trap. Been there done that with one truck. Best thing to do is dump it, take the bath, and get something else. I had to do that and lose over $7,000 but it got me into a trouble free truck that has not given me any issues in 4 years of hard work.

Chris

OK so we changed out the fuel filter which was recommended on another forum even tho the one in it was newer...(old trick of chasing parts never seems to get old around here).

But they recommend checking the pressure on the injector pump - is that something that can be done at home or needs to be done in a shop?

/ Dodge 2005 - 2500 Diesel #85  
But they recommend checking the pressure on the injector pump - is that something that can be done at home or needs to be done in a shop?

That is something that takes special gauges/equipment to do (and knowing how to use them). I would recommend that you find a good shop to work on it (one that works exclusively on heavy/diesel trucks would be best), the per hour price may be higher, but the number of hours spent (and time without your truck) will be less.

Aaron Z

/ Dodge 2005 - 2500 Diesel #86  
Haven't read all the posts but suggest looking at the lift pump.:confused:

Changed the lift pump today the truck ran great for about 30miles and then has started again...but only does it low rpm or idle nothign in the higher. Any suggestions?

I tried to find a pressure gauge locally nothing avail that has any direcctions and specifications for it. Called a dealership and without them seeing/doing it wont give me the specs. Blah.

/ Dodge 2005 - 2500 Diesel #88  
Now I have read the entire thread and am sorry I made any comments.:ashamed:

If there was a lighting strike Who knows? :confused:

It's almost seems to be down to getting a wrecked one and replacing all the wiring and modules one at a time.:confused::confused:

Out of interest do your daytime running lights work?