Does this look like fun or what!

/ Does this look like fun or what! #1  

jgh

Gold Member
Tractor
NH TN90F; B3000 Kubota; Bobcats 430 & A300; Liebherr 621C, Exmark laser Z, 2 sawmills
1/6
Been away so long!

Look what I played with on New Years Day! A rental from Sunbelt and soooo small (1800#).

Hey Del, wannnaaaa drag?

J

Attachments

• 17-27100-EXCV_Takeuchi_17.jpg
    17-27100-EXCV_Takeuchi_17.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 414
   / Does this look like fun or what! #2  
jgh,
Those little guys sure can do alot of work in a short time.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Does this look like fun or what! #3  
The guy who put in my leachfield used a Kubota that was just a little bit bigger than that. Took (if I remember correctly) about 2 days to dig a total of ~200' ... I was impressed with it.

How much did that run you, and did they deliver? I've been toying with the idea of renting one to put in drainage all around my house.

<font color=green>mark</font color=green>
18-26750-markcg2000.gif

/ Does this look like fun or what!
1/7
[ole stupid here closed a window while composing version one of this message, so I may have forgotten something on round 2, /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif].

$150 per day plus delivery, not esp cheap. Where are you, Mark?

Main deficiency--not enough weight for the bucket curl. Very imp to put the blade down in front to help out.

Balky hydraulics, possibly due to abuse from prior rentals in its 427 hour history since about August 2000. To me the 5 ton machines I have tried out were smoother, but then again, I was not doing real work with them, either.

A pet peeve of mine--people who don't take the time to properly & completely warm up diesel equipment. Think of the abuse rentals like this take. The tracks seemed rough for 427 hours, too. And them babies is 'spensive. My guess, about $2000 EACH.

United Rentals also has these, but there were none in VA. This one actually resides in the Charlottesville store, here only by special request of a big local contractor renovating a school.

It is a very small machine with expected limits, but the sight of it inside our kitchen with its tracks retracting, is a hoot. Wish my spouse had used the camera then.

Have fun!

J

Attachments

• 17-27208-EXCV_Takeuchi_18.jpg
    17-27208-EXCV_Takeuchi_18.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 205