Dome light Grand L4060

/ Dome light Grand L4060 #1  

hokirenry

Tractor
CK30hst
Anybody know where the dome light gets power from? It gets 12v all the time and I may add a door switch. The light has a middle position that likely was "auto" if there was a door switch and I don't care about this. I just want light when the door is opened. Thanks!

/ Dome light Grand L4060
Found it. The radio and dome are together.

/ Dome light Grand L4060 #3  
On my M9, there is a push to close switch on each inner door jamb on the backside of the door frame. Center position is on off with door. IO bet the door frame will have a punched hole in it for the switches.

/ Dome light Grand L4060 #4  
For what it is worth the Grand L30's and L40's came with the door switch, but it seems it was omitted on the newer model.

I converted the incandescent lamp to LED and it made a very dramatic difference in light output.

Attachments

• IMG_0121.JPG
    IMG_0121.JPG
    486.3 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0123.JPG
    IMG_0123.JPG
    487.8 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0131.JPG
    IMG_0131.JPG
    567.6 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
   / Dome light Grand L4060
New L4060 here. No door switches. Deciding how much do I want the dome light to come on when the door opens, plus my wife bought that step unit from Custom Mods and Specialty Repairs and it has two LED lights. Thought I could wire something up so they come on when the door is opened. Not a big deal, just maybe a winter project since I'm retired now. Thanks.

/ Dome light Grand L4060 #6  
FWIW,

The door switch used on the Grand L40's is SWITCH, DOOR 3F760-75232 $15.30

It is nice having it come on when the door is open. Especially in the winter months when daylight is lacking.

Enjoy the new tractor.

Last edited:
   / Dome light Grand L4060 #7  
FYI the 4 way flasher, which can be on without the key, is also on the same circuit as the dome light.

Dave M7040

/ Dome light Grand L4060 #8  
For what it is worth the Grand L30's and L40's came with the door switch, but it seems it was omitted on the newer model.

I converted the incandescent lamp to LED and it made a very dramatic difference in light output.

Nice!! I should do that.