Don't think I'll try this method of getting unstuck.

/ Don't think I'll try this method of getting unstuck. #1  

bcp

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
"I still don’t know which was the oldest, the bulldozer or its bearded driver. The machine was an old D8 with a cable blade, not like the hydraulic ones I had seen in other parts of the bush. The driver was as brown as a berry, and he always had a grin as though he knew something that no-one else did − except when smart town kids like me pestered him to teach us to drive the bulldozer. This day, he had got his machine stuck in the mud and it just wouldn't budge."

The rest of the story here, didn't want to copy the whole page.

The big bang – Bush trams and other log transport – Te Ara Encyclopedia of New Zealand

Bruce

/ Don't think I'll try this method of getting unstuck. #2  
That's a good story. The operator definitely knew his machine. Thanks for sharing.

/ Don't think I'll try this method of getting unstuck. #3  
I have a friend who was a combat engineer in Vietnam. He used the same technique to free tanks that were stuck in the mud but C4 was the favored bang.

/ Don't think I'll try this method of getting unstuck. #4  
Just when you thought you heard every trick in the book!

/ Don't think I'll try this method of getting unstuck. #5  
Now that would have made a great "how to" youtube vidio! "How to Free Yourself From Mud" :D

/ Don't think I'll try this method of getting unstuck. #6  
My brother told me of that being done in Alaska, but not by him, when they were building the haul road to the North Slope.

/ Don't think I'll try this method of getting unstuck. #7  
Just don't ask that guy to help you with your clogged toilet...

/ Don't think I'll try this method of getting unstuck. #8  
You see the size of that log the dozer is pulling. Look real close - there is a man standing on top of that log.