DPF problems?

/ DPF problems? #1  

sengli

Silver Member
Tractor
RK55HSC
So I have a 2010 CT335, super low hours runs great. Looking at a CT5550 with a cab to replace it. All these new tractors have DPF filters in the exhaust. So like on my diesel pickup, it must have to regen every so often. Those things get smoking hot doing so. Any feed back from anyone with a newer CT tractor?

/ DPF problems? #2  
Also, do they stink? Think if our VW TDI was shut down during DPF, it stunk up the garage.

Ralph

/ DPF problems? #3  
I’m in almost the same situation. I’ve had my CT335 since 2010 also. Size-wise it’s been ideal for me. But, after 10 years my perspective has changed a bit and I’m thinking seriously about a cab. That’s kinda what brought me back to this forum recently. I haven’t gotten serious enough to go to a dealer yet. Please keep us updated on what you find/do.

/ DPF problems? #4  
My 2013 VW TDI was kept in a garage and when we parked it during a regen, the fans ran after shutting it off and it gave off a little more heat. Never a problem. OP the DPF in the tractor is insulated and under the hood, it shouldn’t cause any issues, unless your engine is covered with combustible material

/ DPF problems? #5  
My 2013 VW TDI was kept in a garage and when we parked it during a regen, the fans ran after shutting it off and it gave off a little more heat. Never a problem. OP the DPF in the tractor is insulated and under the hood, it shouldn’t cause any issues, unless your engine is covered with combustible material

VW could add a new slogan to their diesels - Design by Dr.Kevorkian