Drain plug torque Bx2370?

/ Drain plug torque Bx2370? #11  
Sorry, but I think if you can't tell what a "snug" tightening is, maybe you should leave the servicing to someone else. Or, use a 3/8 socket set, and a short ratchet handle, and you can't do too much harm; or just follow the good advice above. On a more reasonable note, I still have a selection of aircraft crush washers from the 50's... copper rolled around asbestos centers, so they crush very nicely, seal perfectly, and don't loosen. I have no idea if they still make them, but I wouldn't want to work in that factory.

/ Drain plug torque Bx2370?
oh I definitely know what "snug" is but ive learned all that is relative to the person. Snug with a 1/4 ratchet and snug with a 1/2 drive are totally different things. Ive learned in the past not to trust flunky dealer service shops. They tend to be over worked, under paid, and rush through the jobs. I've had bolts / parts left off, wrong fluid put different vehicles, and seen many a drain plug stripped at oil change centers. People don't pay as close attention to something when its not their own. That's why I do my own maintenance and repairs on everything I own from cars, to tractors, to my house if I am capable. Taking pride in your craft just doesn't exist like it did years ago.

/ Drain plug torque Bx2370? #13  
Boy, are you right about a crappy work ethic being all too common. I had a skilled mechanical engineer friend, who ran a diesel engine test facility for Detroit Diesel Allison's heavy transmission dept., who would have anxiety attacks whenever he took a new car he owned into the dealer for warranty work- it was not if, but what, they would damage or screw up.
But I still maintain that you should be able to discern proper tightness of whatever size plug you are tightening into aluminum or iron... it ain't rocket science. Just tight enough it won't leak or fall out.

I hear YA man I just like to be thorough and if there were torque values available I was going to use them. Being that it appears kubota doesn't specify I'm not gonna stress to much. Especially after seeing how tight they were from factory doesn't seem likely I'll have issues doing it hand tight going forward.

/ Drain plug torque Bx2370? #15  
try to put some thread lock on the oil drain pan plug threads, snug it in, then put in the new engine oil.
Personally, I think putting on thread lock is overkill and DO NOT don't put Red Loctite on. Blue if you feel you must but as many have said... just snug it!

Yea, I may be ocd about torque values but no lock tight that's for sure.

/ Drain plug torque Bx2370? #17  
The torque spec I saw was on the loader...ignore it. Mine is tight, but not like a gorilla put it on. However, the factory put it on like that. I had to really crank on it to break it loose! And yes, i turned it the correct way. :D

I just checked it...snugged up enough to prevent walk-out. I did hand tight with socket, then put it on a ratchet and turned a little more to reinstall.

Loctite 222 in the purple bottle is the only one I'd use. I have some 271 (red) and it takes a lot to break loose. I use it to install sights and picatinny rails on pistols and rifles only.

/ Drain plug torque Bx2370? #18  
Use a standard length 14mm wrench for your oil pan drain bolt and I can't imagine you'll mess anything up. When I changed my oil on the BX I tightened it as much as I would on any car or truck I've ever changed oil on.

/ Drain plug torque Bx2370? #19  
Does anyone use a fumoto oil drain plug on there bx? I have them on all my trucks and love them but am unsure if i should use it on a tractor.