Dreaded 1715 Clutch Lock Up

/ Dreaded 1715 Clutch Lock Up #1  

Dataway

Gold Member
Tractor
Ford 1715
Is there any new tips and tricks for breaking loose a 1715 clutch these days, other than the old run it into a tree method?
Only forgot my clutch pedal block for a week and it's already locked up. I can probably roll it down a hill and get into high range 3thrd and then try to go back up the hill and see if it breaks loose. From a stand still I can only get it in low range so not enough torque on the clutch to break it free. I can point it down hill, put it in high 3 and probably start it in gear ... but then of course I'm not stopping unless I shut it down, or the clutch frees up.
Sure wish there was an access plate where I could get in there and separate the plates.

/ Dreaded 1715 Clutch Lock Up #2  
Is there any new tips and tricks for breaking loose a 1715 clutch these days, other than the old run it into a tree method?
Only forgot my clutch pedal block for a week and it's already locked up. I can probably roll it down a hill and get into high range 3thrd and then try to go back up the hill and see if it breaks loose. From a stand still I can only get it in low range so not enough torque on the clutch to break it free. I can point it down hill, put it in high 3 and probably start it in gear ... but then of course I'm not stopping unless I shut it down, or the clutch frees up.
Sure wish there was an access plate where I could get in there and separate the plates.

Wish I could be more help but when I first got my 1715 I used to have this problem all the time til I learned to block it. I have a loader on the front so the only way I did it was to run it into a big ol tree. That usually popped it loose. If you have a plow and some land, I guess you might try plowing with the clutch in for a while til she breaks loose. Something on that line. Good luck. Keep at it, It will eventually pop.

/ Dreaded 1715 Clutch Lock Up #3  
There should be an oval access port on the left side to check the clutch's second stage adjustment. You might be able to jiggle something loose from there if you can easily rotate the engine/clutch in small increments.

/ Dreaded 1715 Clutch Lock Up
Grind ... mine has a single stage clutch ... not sure if I have that port ... I'll take a look. Luckily I got it loose by getting at the top of a steep hill (always scary), shut it down while holding the brake to leave me some slack in the gearbox. Got it into 3thrd gear high range .... hit the starter and it started up rolling down hill in gear .... drove around the property for a minute letting it lug a bit ... broke loose within a minute. What a relief ... high range 3 third gear seems to be pretty consistent breaking them loose. Rode the clutch a bit going back up the hill to clear the rust off the flywheel and clutch plate.

All is well .... till I forget to block the clutch again :)
Thanks for the input guys.