Driving a mini-ex up a slope: safest method?

/ Driving a mini-ex up a slope: safest method?
Ummm...no.

I'd rather try to apply the knowledge shared here via my own hands based on concepts than try to mimic something I saw a pro Excavator driver do on a YouTube video that was probably edited in some way.

/ Driving a mini-ex up a slope: safest method? #22  
Leaning to drive smoothly with your feet while working the boom/bucket is the hardest part for me. Lots of things happening and being smooth is the key. Maybe I should have played more of those video racing games when I was a kid to get better hand eye coordination.... .LOL

/ Driving a mini-ex up a slope: safest method? #23  
Be sure to wear seat belt. If something goes wrong safest place is in the cab.

/ Driving a mini-ex up a slope: safest method?
As a follow up, everything went well both up the hill and coming down the hill. Glad I had the boom arm out front on the way down, it was a little tippy.

/ Driving a mini-ex up a slope: safest method? #26  
Excellent - glad to hear it was successful

/ Driving a mini-ex up a slope: safest method? #27  
As a follow up, everything went well both up the hill and coming down the hill. Glad I had the boom arm out front on the way down, it was a little tippy.

Yeah, I have found this very useful. Have traversed some steep stuff in this manner

/ Driving a mini-ex up a slope: safest method? #28  
It may feel a bit tippy but it actualy takes quite a bit to put them over front to back. Side to side is a different story.

Like everyone else said wear a seatbelt. They can get rocking bad or grab ahold of something thats not moving and almost throw you out of the seat.

I have a small 3.5klb machine about 36in wide. Working on next to no incline i backed over a 8in or so chunk of concrete while sideways. I slid right out of the cab like i was on a slip and slide....wear your seat belt.

/ Driving a mini-ex up a slope: safest method? #29  
I watched a true operator replacing sewer mains... the mains were put in 70 years ago before the area was built out... due to topography the mains run through the downslope backyards with only access from the creek straight up unless you had a crane or skyhook to drop one in.

It was like watching a YouTube video... the mini-ex clawed it's way up nearly 60 and 70 degree slopes... not even sure how the engine stayed lubricated at such extreme angles?

Through a combination of using the hoe, the rear blade and tracks there was no place he could not get... at times it looked like a monkey swinging through the trees.