Drove a Dozer Yesterday

/ Drove a Dozer Yesterday #1  

RobS

Tractor
None!
What a riot! A friend has a JD450 dozer. I helped him haul his Ford 640 tractor so in return he let me (and my boys) have a ride on his dozer. It was remarkable easy to operate, though I'm sure it would be much more difficult actually being productive on it. I had to have been smiling ear-to-ear the whole time. Once I got the hang of it, I took each of my sons for a short ride as well. Got some pics which I'll try to post when they're developed. Argh... aarrgghh... aaarrrggghhh /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

15-43440-790signaturegif.gif

/ Drove a Dozer Yesterday #2  
Silly boy, I can tell that you are a dozer newbie, I read your post title to my wife as she walked by and she said, " Even I know you DO NOT drive a dozer you operate it....." I know well the silly look, kind of like mine the second time, not the first time, I was scaried, and have seen it many times as some of my friends have gotten some seat time. The best was when one of my friend's daughter who was about 14 ran it for a little while, cleaned out some scrub brush and push over a 12 inch elm off a fence line. Can not wait to see the pic's...

/ Drove a Dozer Yesterday #3  
Your comments remind me of the time I was selling my JD420 (two cyl withFEL) crawler, and two fellows showed up with a 10year old boy. The boy was grinning from ear to ear while looking at it. I 'operated' it out of the shed, and jumped off. I asked the boy if he wanted to operate it, and he looked at his dad and back to me. Then he jumped on. I talked to him about what to do, put it in gear and turned him loose in a hay field. I figured then and there that the crawler was sold, and I even got the asking price of $4200. I could remember when I was 10, and how anxious I was to have a chance to 'operate' something (anything!) that was self propelled.

/ Drove a Dozer Yesterday #4  
Beenthere- done it... You had me laughing so hard I was crying, with... ""I 'operated' it out of the shed, ....."" That is a great story... Yes there are some salesman amoung us.

/ Drove a Dozer Yesterday #5  
Glad to see someone else have a good time with a dozer. I enjoyed the years when I did excavating. Had a JD 350, then got a Case 450, both with 6 way blades. I'm looking forward to building our new home next year, will rent a dozer and do the landscaping with it.

Paul