Dual wheels

/ Dual wheels #11  
They also make clamp on and T rail duals for most rim sizes

/ Dual wheels #12  
Mr. Hearn, looks like you are new to the forum. Welcome!

It also sounds like the MX6000 may be a new tractor for you?

I've got nearly 500 hours on the same MX6000 in the open station ROPS version, which has proven to be very stable.

At 4200 pounds bare weight, yours is about 500 pounds more than the ROPS version.

It is not a significant difference, and there is not much of that weight in the top of the cab.

It is likely yours with the cab is also very stable, but it may visually appear to be top heavy.

Mr. Jeff mentioned moving the rear wheels outward on the axle, which is a great option.

Also, if concerned about tipping, if not already done, liquid ballast or even wheel weights can be added to the rear wheels to further lower the tractor's effective center of gravity.

In looking at your profile, there's no mention of your location.

Can you provide the general region where the tractor will be used?

Can you describe your land, the type of terrain and your planned use for the tractor which might help understanding your situation or concerns?

Adding dual rear wheels might be one solution...but there may be many other lower impact options!

... //TJ

/ Dual wheels #13  
My Kubota M7040 operators manual states very clearly that dual wheels aren't approved.

/ Dual wheels #14  
My Kubota M7040 operators manual states very clearly that dual wheels aren't approved.

Some Kubota manuals also say remove tire ballast before installing a backhoe...a very practical suggestion?

Just saying...

How about wheel spacers...and so on...

No dog in this race as I will never use duals on either of my tractors. But if there was a reason, I probably would. Once out of warranty anyway...LOL

/ Dual wheels #15  
Miller Tire can help you with duals. Call 8am-5pm EST, Mon-Fri, ask for ED

/ Dual wheels #16  
From my Kubota M-126X/M135X owners manual. Maybe other models are approved?

1643417747141.jpeg

/ Dual wheels #17  
Some Kubota manuals also say remove tire ballast before installing a backhoe...a very practical suggestion?
Personal experience with this is that you need to remove the Wheel weights (tire ballast) before installing the backhoe if you want to drive up steep inclines and use the backhoe (Please don't ask how I know this). If you back up the incline and use the back hoe, less of a problem.

/ Dual wheels #20  
Personal experience with this is that you need to remove the Wheel weights (tire ballast) before installing the backhoe if you want to drive up steep inclines and use the backhoe (Please don't ask how I know this). If you back up the incline and use the back hoe, less of a problem.

I do not think having/not having wheel weights/tire ballast makes any difference when going forward up a slope, since the pivot point is the rear axle/tire contact patch.

Backing up with or without wheel weights or loaded tires is still ALWAYS better in the scenario you described.