Dump trailer tractor tie downs

/ Dump trailer tractor tie downs #1  

Jeff1968

Tractor
Cx2510h or ck2620h?
I recently watched a youtube vid on the rockhill farm channel loading his 2038 JD on a dump trailer. Are there tie downs to secure the tractor? Does anyone use a dump trailer to transport?

Thanks!

/ Dump trailer tractor tie downs #2  
If you don't tie down you shouldn't be driving

Lots of guys use dump trailers for small equipment like SCUTS

/ Dump trailer tractor tie downs #3  
I had a 16' dump trailer and did haul my tractor occasionally. Yes it did have D-rings (6). Not sure if all dump trailers have them. Mine was made by Cross Country Trailers.

/ Dump trailer tractor tie downs #4  
   / Dump trailer tractor tie downs #5  
I recently watched a youtube vid on the rockhill farm channel loading his 2038 JD on a dump trailer. Are there tie downs to secure the tractor? Does anyone use a dump trailer to transport?

Thanks!

/ Dump trailer tractor tie downs #6  
The problem I have with installing D rings in a dump trailer is, they create "sticking points" and block material from dumping completely. I installed a bed liner in my trailer to aid the dump process and tie down hardware just defeats the purpose.

/ Dump trailer tractor tie downs #7  
My Big Tex 14GX dump trailer has ramps and tiedowns from the factory. Doubt I will ever use them since I have the 14GN and 50LA trailers for hauling equipment.

1704114561120.png

/ Dump trailer tractor tie downs #8  
My sure trac dump trailer has 6 tie downs in the bed. I have hauled my previous E26 excavator and CK3510 tractor. I have also hauled countless loads of gravel and topsoil in the 4 years I have owned it, the D rings have not been an issue.

I now have upgraded my equipment (E42 at around 10K and a Yanmar YT359) and use a gooseneck to transport if needed. But I’ll still put my mule in the dump traile when I go to my brothers to hunt 130 miles away.

The dump trailer is the most versatile and useful trailer I have ever owned. It gets “borrowed” all the time too lol.

/ Dump trailer tractor tie downs #9  
I've never seen a dump trailer that didn't have D-rings welded inside for tie-down points. Some are on the floor / deck and some are at the bottom of the sides (inside) so they don't interfere with dumping a load. Definitely have to secure equipment when towing.

I haven't seen the video you're talking about, but another consideration when loading into dump trailers is keeping the back of your truck on the ground. Some dump trailers have stabilizers/drop-legs that you can drop to keep the trailer tailgate stable so your tractor doesn't lift the trailer hitch and truck rear-end as you climb the ramps. This keeps your hitch assembly from having to manage all that load and potentially popping it off the hitch ball. Even if you don't have the stabilizers/drop-legs/jacks on your trailer, you might already have provisions for them. Sure-Trac dump trailers, for example, have a square socket welded on both sides of the rear of their trailers. The socket is standard, but the jacks are optional. You can buy them from any dealer pretty cheap or make some out of square channel steel. Worth taking a look at your trailer if you don't already have stabilizers and you're loading equipment using ramps.