DYNEX radial ball pump PF4021-2129

/ DYNEX radial ball pump PF4021-2129 #1  

Aussiebushman

Gold Member
Jerrong, south of Oberon in NSW, Australia
Tractor
Ford 6000
Probably a long-shot because this item is decades old. A mate of mine has a NEW (came sealed in original packaging) Dynex radial ball pump he wants to sell. It is far too good to take to the tip.

Please- does anyone know:

What application this was intended for?
Is there a current equivalent?
Roughly what it would be worth?

With that information, I can post an ad on one of the Australian websites
Thanks in advance
Alan

/ DYNEX radial ball pump PF4021-2129 #2  
If that unit is decades old I would be very concerned about the condition of the seals and also have the insides rusted or oil dried to a sludge.
I could not find the 4021 model on the Dynex Rivett website but Dynex is still in business so you might try contacting them to get the specs on this pump.

I have used smaller Dynex pumps in the past and they do require special inlet considerations depending on size and speed of operation. At minimum they must have a flooded inlet and worse case full flow charge inlet at low pressure. In my case was building test stands for cartridge valves so had full flow filtered inlet due to test stands always being contaminated from testing (washing) new valves. I installed these around 2005 - 2006 time frame and to best of my knowledge still in operation today.

/ DYNEX radial ball pump PF4021-2129
If that unit is decades old I would be very concerned about the condition of the seals and also have the insides rusted or oil dried to a sludge.
I could not find the 4021 model on the Dynex Rivett website but Dynex is still in business so you might try contacting them to get the specs on this pump.

I have used smaller Dynex pumps in the past and they do require special inlet considerations depending on size and speed of operation. At minimum they must have a flooded inlet and worse case full flow charge inlet at low pressure. In my case was building test stands for cartridge valves so had full flow filtered inlet due to test stands always being contaminated from testing (washing) new valves. I installed these around 2005 - 2006 time frame and to best of my knowledge still in operation today.
Thanks for that. I copped a bucket load on another forum with the suggestion that we just advertise it on ebay - but it would help to be more targeted in terms of use and price.