E15 gas

/ E15 gas #31  
Simple, salt and rust! Your 1992 would probably look more like Swiss cheese if it lived in the rust belt region.
I live in the rust belt and own a 1991 truck.
I spray it with oil every year = no rust

/ E15 gas #32  
Who said you had to give up power windows, door locks, power mirrors and AC?

You aren't very well informed...

SR

You said bare bones. I’ve seen plenty of new trucks with manual windows and manual locks. I think AC is pretty much standard.

/ E15 gas #33  
You said bare bones. I’ve seen plenty of new trucks with manual windows and manual locks. I think AC is pretty much standard.
Show me where "I" said "bare bones"?

I see your reading and comprehension skills haven't improved any!

SR

/ E15 gas #34  
Show me where "I" said "bare bones"?

I see your reading and comprehension skills haven't improved any!

SR

Ok I’ll do something you’ve never done. I’ll admit I was wrong on that one. You said WORK TRUCK.

/ E15 gas #35  
I never expected on a tractor forum to have people that support government intervention, and support the government propping up any business on the back of consumers.

Of course it could just be some of you want to be argumentative.

In either case, I'm bailing on this topic.

See you in other threads related to tractors.

/ E15 gas #36  
If I can no longer buy the proper gasoline for my current vehicle, then I am forced to either buy a new one or go without.

And there are 10's of millions of us out there in the same situation.

This is all in an effort to prop up big agriculture and big auto.

^ Summed up well.

Interesting where this leads...... modern diesels don't interest me (too much like dating a supermodel), and now gasoline is being "optimized"...... almost like somebody doesn't like IC engines......

Putting aside the tinfoil hat for the moment :D ..... IF I was ordering a new truck (stripped as possible - No PW....) what has my attention is Ford's Gaseous Fuel Prep option (not big dollars..... upgraded heads to deal with Propane and NG use). I expect GM has the same available..... not sure about Dodge.

Fuel economics aside, what I like about both those fuel options is the gubmint hasn't found a way to "optimize" them, and hopefully won't, at least for the rest of the time I walk this rock.....

I was reading last night about a property MTCE contractor (CT?) that had flipped ALL his fleet to propane, including the mowers.

For a business, JUST the reduced maintenance and higher uptime of the equipment would be attractive.

Gearheads that hang out here can get out a crayon, and connect the dots on what E15+ will do..... as already stated, most of the voting public does not have a clue, and doesn't really want to....

Setting up a vehicle New, I'm getting much more interested in propane and NG options. Best flexibility (for me) is a dual-fuel pickup - plenty of space for the add-on tank.

Rgds, D.

/ E15 gas #37  
Ford, GM and Toyota have stopped making cars here but we still pay a tariff to protect a non existent industry when buying a new vehicle.

It's universal. USA has the Chicken Tax, Euro countries mostly have really high taxes, haven't found a Canadian yet who thinks our taxes are too low.....

Despite all the crowing that some pols like to do about being Green, it's just a simple tax play.... personal transportation is a real need for many people, so it's going to get the _______ taxed out of it..... Thread title is just another spin on this game.

Rgds, D.

/ E15 gas #38  
It's universal. USA has the Chicken Tax, Euro countries mostly have really high taxes, haven't found a Canadian yet who thinks our taxes are too low.....

Despite all the crowing that some pols like to do about being Green, it's just a simple tax play.... personal transportation is a real need for many people, so it's going to get the _______ taxed out of it..... Thread title is just another spin on this game.

Rgds, D.
The truly "Green" people would have us all live in cities and use public transportation. I can't think of a more boring lifestyle.