Ear Protection plus radio ..just in time..

/ Ear Protection plus radio ..just in time.. #11  
I have a <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.ccrane.com/>CC Radio</A> for long range AM listening. It is the best $150 I ever spent on a radio. The advertising hype isn't hype at all. It does a great job of pulling in weak signals.

I have a little 500 watt AM station about 20 miles from me that my big stereo doesn't even know exists. My CC plays it loud and clear. As an added plus, it also has an NOAA weather alert function.

But, it you don't want to spend that much on a radio, they also have AM antenna boosters.

/ Ear Protection plus radio ..just in time..
My Peltor Worktunes arrived the other day and I took them out to the land for a rest run. I am really impressed with them so far. What a pleasure to be able to listen to something else besides the scream of the engine at PTO speed.

Even better than that though was how much nicer it was to run the gas trimmer. You know how close that thing is to your ear anyway, and running full speed, it has always been one of the noisiest tools to operate that I own. The Peltors shut it down to just a nice low pitched hum.

AM reception is "iffy" as described in other posts. It certainly depends on the station as some of them came in great at all angles and others dropped off at the slighest turn. FM was not as problematic although I did experience some of that from fringe stations.

Somebody could sneak up on you while wearing these things. And as I found out this afternoon, so can a storm. They definitely drown out all but the loudest sounds around you.

I would rate them a great buy.

GS

/ Ear Protection plus radio ..just in time.. #13  
GS,
I got mine not long ago as well......they are really nice. I found another set at a close out type store the other day for $17. Didn't need them but picked them up anyway. Now I have on setting on the tracotr and one in the garage for when I'm in there running toys..err....tools.

Jerry

/ Ear Protection plus radio ..just in time.. #14  
Peltors for $17 are one heck of a deal, Jerry. For that kind of money I wouldn't mind the crummy AM reception.

/ Ear Protection plus radio ..just in time.. #15  
Had the Husquvarna name on them, and the blue color doesn't match my tractor but..........

What store was that? Wouldn't mind another set as well. The wife sat here Thursday night and wore mine during the football game listening to music. She really liked them.

GS

/ Ear Protection plus radio ..just in time.. #17  
It is a local outlet/close-out store only open three partial days a week. I can try to see if they have any more if you want?
They get wiped out real quick any day they are open.

I would appreciate it. Let me know if you find any.

GS

/ Ear Protection plus radio ..just in time.. #19  
GS,
They were all out if them....will periodically check back though