"Edit" to place a missing picture

/ "Edit" to place a missing picture #1  

OkeeDon

Veteran Member
\"Edit\" to place a missing picture

Lot's of us have or once had questions about posting pictures...resizing, getting them below 100K, etc. Those subjects have been covered in lots of other posts.

Another problem all of us have at one time or another is forgetting to post the picture. We save the post, only to discover that the picture isn't there. A lot of the time, users add another post below their original one to add the picture. I suppose there's nothing wrong with this, but it can be a bit confusing, especially if someone else has added posts in the meantime.

A better way is to use the "Edit" button in the original post. When you click this button, you are take to a page labeled "Edit Post". It gives you an opportunity to correct spelling, grammar, etc. At the bottom are two check boxes -- "Mark as Edited?" and "I want to preview my modifications and add or edit an attachment."

Be sure the second box ("I want to preview...") is checked. Whether or not you leave the first box checked is personal preference. I prefer to un-check it, because I like to have the world think I'm perfect and got it right the first time /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Then, click the box, "Change this post". Because you checked the preview box, you will be taken to a preview screen. On this page, your post will be shown the way it will look when it is posted. Right below that is the text box with the caption, "You may attach a file to this post..."

If you have already attached a picture but want to change it, or if you forgot the picture the first time, you can add it now by clicking the "Browse" button, finding the picture on your computer, and click "Open". Then, click the "Continue" box and your revised post will be saved.

This is almost exactly the same procedure as the first time you make a post, and your message will now be shown the way you wanted it, without having to add another message.

I used the "Edit" function several times while making this post, so I could see the actual screens and be sure to give the correct instructions. The last time through, I used ieSpell to catch my (numerous) typos.

The "Edit" function is one of my favorite features of this forum software, because it gives me a chance to look better than I am.

/ "Edit" to place a missing picture #2  
Re: \"Edit\" to place a missing picture

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The "Edit" function is one of my favorite features of this forum software, because it gives me a chance to look better than I am. )</font>

Don,

I don't believe that's possible! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I always enjoy your posts and your responses. Many times, you explain things and make comments that I wish I had made. Of course, you know what they say.... "Great minds think along the same lines!"

Thanks for the nice reminder on how we can all be better if we use the right tools. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ "Edit" to place a missing picture
Re: \"Edit\" to place a missing picture

<font color="blue"> The "Edit" function is one of my favorite features of this forum software, because it gives me a chance to look better than I am.</font>

<font color="red"> Don,
I don't believe that's possible! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
</font>

Gotcha fooled pretty good, then, don't I? Perhaps you can explain why, every time I open the freezer, there's a package in there clearly marked "Crow", ready to be cooked for me?