Electric chainsaw

/ Electric chainsaw #81  
I have a Greenworks 40v I use all the time, rarely use my Sthil anymore unless a big tree. I carry couple extra batteries. Quiet.
I was wondering how loud they are

/ Electric chainsaw #82  
A lot quieter than a gas one They still make some noise some brands more than others.. Find someone with one and run it a while. I have severa and I very seldom us my gas saw unless it is a big tree.

/ Electric chainsaw #83  
I found an old electrical Craftsman at Habitat for Humanity. It was $15, worth the try. It worked ok for a year and then it started slipping. I took it apart and - thank you Sears - found the gear it needed for $20. Very handy saw for around the shop and house, even my wife uses it.

/ Electric chainsaw #84  
DEWALT DCCS620P1 is a good tool for firewood cutting. It's lightweight to the portable and 12 inches kick bar prevents each kick back. High speed with accuracy would be worthy. It includes a bar tightening handle feature for the rest of your body. It would be a more secure tool for your wife if she knows how to use it.

/ Electric chainsaw #85  
I have a Husqvarna gas saw but also a Li-ion saw that shares the same battery as the cordless hedge trimmer. I like the electric saw for the small quick jobs as no need to mix fuel, just turn it on and go. Very handy on a ladder as much lighter than the gasoline saw when pruning. Still need the gasoline saw for heavy work like cutting cord wood.

/ Electric chainsaw #86  
I have a small 10in battery saw that's just great for elevated trimming, and other small jobs.

/ Electric chainsaw #87  
I have one of the older Remington corded electric pole saws. It's convertible in that the saw removes from the pole so it can be used either way. 10" bar and the chains are fairly inexpensive. It's old enough now that I'm not too concerned about longevity. Bought several extra chains a few weeks ago and will be using it this fall to take a few small (3-6") stumps off at the ground. Rocking a chain won't bother me too much.

/ Electric chainsaw #88  
I have one of the older Remington corded electric pole saws. It's convertible in that the saw removes from the pole so it can be used either way. 10" bar and the chains are fairly inexpensive. It's old enough now that I'm not too concerned about longevity. Bought several extra chains a few weeks ago and will be using it this fall to take a few small (3-6") stumps off at the ground. Rocking a chain won't bother me too much.
Got one of those. Good saw.