Electric PTO switches

/ Electric PTO switches #11  
My PTO turns on instantly when I throw the switch.
I just turn the PTO on at slow idle.
If I engage the PTO at idle I don't even notice the quick engagement on my tiller, post hole digger, or finish mower.
It does ingage a little rough with my 6' brush mower. My brush mower has a slip clutch, so it hasn't been a problem.
Just my opinion but I like the electric/hydraulic PTO.

/ Electric PTO switches #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Get a slip clutch for the bush mower, it's definitely worth it.

Then you won't care how your PTO engages )</font>

FWIW.. I doubt a slip clutch will be of much use in preventing 'startup' shearing of bolts... If the clutch slips that easy.. IMHO.. it will slip under load too soon.

Soundugy

/ Electric PTO switches #13  
My mower has the slip clutch, and has worked well, both in starting up and while mowing. No performance issues here....

/ Electric PTO switches #14  
Hmmm... Soundguy, exactly what bolts are there to shear when you use a slip clutch on the mower instead of a shear bolt ?

Not sure what you're thinking of...

/ Electric PTO switches #15  
Probably like me. the shear bolt is still in place pinning the slip clutch to the input shaft on the gearbox. The slipclutch ideally splips before the bolt shears.
Remember to service/adjust your slipclutch before your mowing season, they are likely to stick during the winter months.
Ben