Traction Emax 25 HST 4WD?

/ Emax 25 HST 4WD? #1  

mcphail

Tractor
2014 Emax HST
My almost new (4 months old) Emax 25 4WD does not seem to work. Before I call the dealer, is there a simple check I can do.
Service calls are a little high, so I would like to avoid one if possible.

Best Regards

/ Emax 25 HST 4WD? #2  
My almost new (4 months old) Emax 25 4WD does not seem to work. Before I call the dealer, is there a simple check I can do.
Service calls are a little high, so I would like to avoid one if possible.

Best Regards

Mc, could you be a bit more specific? If it will not start at all you could either have the pto lever engaged or a safety seat switch problem such as a bad switch, poor ground, loose wire etc.

/ Emax 25 HST 4WD?
It runs great. The problem is engaging 4 wheel drive. The high/range works in two wheel. When I engage 4 wheel, the back tires spin and the front tires do nothing

/ Emax 25 HST 4WD? #4  
It runs great. The problem is engaging 4 wheel drive. The high/range works in two wheel. When I engage 4 wheel, the back tires spin and the front tires do nothing

if in low range does the fwd work?

/ Emax 25 HST 4WD? #5  
The thing is still under warranty. You should not be charged at all. If you are, that is more the dealership charging you of their own volition and nothing to do with Mahindra warranty charges.

/ Emax 25 HST 4WD?
FIXED -- I jacked the front up and checked the forward drive shaft. I could turn the shaft, but the wheels did not move. The shaft is a two piece unit.
Took the shaft off and found the six lock pins had disconnected and where no longer in the groves.
Reinstalled the pins and seated the shaft in place. Now I have 4 wheel drive.

I have no idea how the pins where kicked out of place, but at least it is now fixed.

Thanks for the help.
p.s. have not seen the ASA patch in a long time.

/ Emax 25 HST 4WD? #7  
FIXED -- I jacked the front up and checked the forward drive shaft. I could turn the shaft, but the wheels did not move. The shaft is a two piece unit.
Took the shaft off and found the six lock pins had disconnected and where no longer in the groves.
Reinstalled the pins and seated the shaft in place. Now I have 4 wheel drive.

I have no idea how the pins where kicked out of place, but at least it is now fixed.

Thanks for the help.
p.s. have not seen the ASA patch in a long time.

nice find on the pins.

There's still a few of us old ASA guys who haven't croaked yet. Did you wear one?

/ Emax 25 HST 4WD?
nice find on the pins.

There's still a few of us old ASA guys who haven't croaked yet. Did you wear one?

67-72 .... nam 68-69, sobe 69-71 nsa 71-72

still in touch with a couple of the guys.

Best Regards
Mike Barrett

/ Emax 25 HST 4WD? #9  
67-72 .... nam 68-69, sobe 69-71 nsa 71-72

still in touch with a couple of the guys.

Best Regards
Mike Barrett

ASA 67-68 then NSA until 71 - Frankfurt.

/ Emax 25 HST 4WD? #10  
I had the same exact issue with my emax 25. I'm guessing someone on the assembly line was failing to seat the circlip on the front driveshaft.