Engine Manufacturers

/ Engine Manufacturers #1  

Big_Cajun

Silver Member
Tractor
MF 1130
Evening:

Would anyone be able to point me to a reference for the engine manufacturers of the major utility tractor companies, in the event that there is such a reference. I know that MF tractors utilize Perkins engines (Perkins was bought out by Caterpillar in 1998).

John Deere uses PowerTech engines...are these made by yanmar?

I'm pretty sure Kubota manufactures their own engines...am I correct?

As for NH and Case IH, I have no clue...please enlighten me.

Also, I think that the perkins engines used in the 400 series MF tractors are manufactured in Georgia. I believe that the plant there was a cooperative venture between Perkins and Shibauru (hope I spelled that right). I'd also be interested in where the engine manufacturing facilities are located, as well as where the tractor manufacturing facilities are located.

Note, this is more or less me craving knowledge. I've perused the net for the information, and it's not entirely clear in every case. I'd prefer that this thread didn't turn into a which is best thread...but I'm sure that the discussion could contain just a bit of bias /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks.

BC

/ Engine Manufacturers #2  
BC
I do not know about all of them, but as of a bit more than a year ago John Deere manufactures their own engines. for most of the tractors. They converted from the Yanmar engines and manufacture the tractors in Georgia. Hope others can fill in the data for other tractors.

/ Engine Manufacturers #3  
shibaura made nh tractors at 1 time mostly the compact.
iseki made mf & agco at 1 time mostly compact.
it seems like MITSUBISHI puts their engine in a few tractors.

there r so many companies that make engines and then other companies put there name on it, it is tuff to keep track. as long as the stand behind there name it should be ok. not really sure were u r going with this?

hope i was of some help

/ Engine Manufacturers #4  
That is a good question. Might take a lot of replies to cover most of the popular brands.
As stated above; Iseki makes MF, AGCO and Cat Challenger compacts. MF uses Perkins for utility.
John Deere uses Yanmar, PowerTech and they have an india made variant.
Kubota should be kubota.
Mitsubishi makes engines for some models of Mahindra, Montana and others.
Kioti is Daedong to the 65 Perkins.

/ Engine Manufacturers
Thanks for the replies guys...I like where this is going. Now all thats left for me to discover is who makes the engines for New Holland and Case IH. I'm going to research this some today and see what I can find.

BC

/ Engine Manufacturers #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thanks for the replies guys...I like where this is going. Now all thats left for me to discover is who makes the engines for New Holland and Case IH. I'm going to research this some today and see what I can find.

BC )</font>

its been shibaura for about the last 10-12 years.

/ Engine Manufacturers
Thanks for the reply MessickFarmEqu! Seems like I've found the info that I was looking for. You guys are great.

BC

/ Engine Manufacturers #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( That is a good question. Might take a lot of replies to cover most of the popular brands.
As stated above; Iseki makes MF, AGCO and Cat Challenger compacts. MF uses Perkins for utility.
John Deere uses Yanmar, PowerTech and they have an india made variant.
Kubota should be kubota.
Mitsubishi makes engines for some models of Mahindra, Montana and others.
Kioti is Daedong to the 65 Perkins. )</font>

I believe that some Montana and Mahindra models also feature Daedong/Kioti engines.

Regards, J

/ Engine Manufacturers
You are correct AutoUnionTypeC. I requested literature from Montana. Those guys/gals are quite helpful and are eager to gain anyone as a customer.

BC