Engine Misfiring--Need Help

/ Engine Misfiring--Need Help #1  

JDKMR

Tractor
Craftsman
Evening All,
I have a SV735 Kohler engine. 26HP on my Craftsman Tractor. I have been having an issue with the right side cylinder misfiring. I have replaced the plugs and ignition modules. The side is still misfiring. The spark plug doesn't seem to be sparking alot when i ground it for testing. Anyone else have the same issues or have a possible solution for me? Thanks

/ Engine Misfiring--Need Help #2  
. If your engine is not getting a spark after changing modules . try crossing the wiring and see if the problem switches also. twin Kohler's fire both ignition wires same time.
I had a Kohler that was doing this replaced the carbon wiring with solid core still running good .

Welcome to TBN
ken

/ Engine Misfiring--Need Help
Hey Ken,
My engine was wired factory until I replaced the Modules. The modules came with a conversion kit and I wired it how it said. Here are some photos. Anything look odd to you? IMG_6063.jpgIMG_6064.jpgIMG_6065.jpgIMG_6066.jpg

/ Engine Misfiring--Need Help #4  
Hi The first picture the coil. appears to be miss aligned. The spacing should be equal and I use a sheet of sand paper to get both poles to be same distance . I know there is a specified spacing but this method is quick and simple .
The heavy wire to plugs and the #24 with spade lugs to switch .

My Kohler engine only had 1 ignition coil. but with yours as engine spins the spark to one cyl and then very little delay it provides spark to other cyl.

I'm to far from the shop manual to give proper settings and spacing time between the to coils but it looks like should run after adjusting the coil and tightening the bolts.

If it works good if not will get book and help some more.
ken