Equipment Choices

/ Equipment Choices #11  
Looks like you have a lot of backfilling/grading work to do around your foundation. My contractor used a fairly large Bobcat to backfill and grade around the foundation of my new house last August. House measures 66x28 ft. It was hot, dry and dusty the day he did that work (wonder what his air filters looked like. He looked like one of the mud people after he was finished).

I've been touching up the grading with my B7510HST/LA302 FEL (21 HP). No problem using the tractor for this chore.

I have 10 acres of flat grazing land with 30 almond trees and 260 feet of 20-foot wide gravel driveway. The B7510 is enough tractor for brush hogging, box blading and general toting work, provided I'm not in a big hurry.

I'm landscaping about an acre around the house. I've decided to splurge on a Husqvarna riding mower (48" deck) to handle the finish mowing. The ag tires on the B7510HST will tear up the lawn and I figure that I'll put the money for turf tires for the Kubota into the Husqvarna.

Unless you have the tractor-buyin' itch that won't go away, I don't see why your present rig can't handle all the chores on your 5.5 acres.