Excavator Price?

/ Excavator Price? #1  

Suburban Plowboy

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3710
I have no idea what a used excavator is worth. Does $27500 for a Caterpillar 304CR with 2000 hours sound like a typical market price?

It's an 11000-pound machine.

/ Excavator Price?
Thanks for the reply. It looks kind of rough for 2000 hours. Sent an inquiry.
Caterpillar 304CR _600x450.jpg

/ Excavator Price? #4  
I believe that suits the excavator market range. It's good to see that you're thinking of buying a machine that can carry out several tasks. it might not be as versatile for tasks like material handling or lifting heavy loads. Despite the appearance of a good deal, Still, it is good to look at other possibilities to see if there's an excavator for sale, that's even better. I'm reminded of a friend who recently similarly scored a wonderful deal. One word of caution: if at all possible, evaluate the maintenance history right away.

/ Excavator Price? #5  
I have no idea what a used excavator is worth. Does $27500 for a Caterpillar 304CR with 2000 hours sound like a typical market price?

It's an 11000-pound machine.
Sir I paid 38000 for a 45 U. Kubota no cab. The year, 2003. The hours about 300. I knew the man. Regrets zero. Just check it out and realize it is very expensive to repair. A mechanical person would be beneficial because there could be something broke in all they bucket and arm. Good luck and let us know if we can help

/ Excavator Price?
Thanks for the help.

I'm thinking maybe I should go a little heavier, like a Cat 305-x. I would like to have some chance of shoving trees over instead of hiring overpriced teams to do it for me. We get tropical storm winds here, and the guy who built this house made a lot of stupid decisions regarding tree placement. He was from Virginia, so maybe he didn't know any better. You don't leave a 60-foot tree 10 feet from a house in Florida.

The more I think about it, the more I think a person who lives on a farm and doesn't grow row crops should have a track loader and an excavator and forget about tractors. My tractor does most of what a loader would do, not nearly as well, and it's nearly useless for digging things out of the ground. A loader would do everything I use the tractor for, way better. It would lift over twice as much, tear large stumps out of the ground in a few minutes, and carry more than the tractor. It would also run stronger implements.

I bought my L3710 from the guy who used to own this place, and I now realize he bought the wrong machine. He used it to clear and sell pine trees when a bug infestation hit. A track loader would have made his life way easier. I used to consider buying a bigger tractor, but now I realize a big tractor would be a pretty small improvement.