/ Experience with making an arena #41  
more panel pics

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

Attachments

• 33-37968-Mvc-005s.jpg
    33-37968-Mvc-005s.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 166
   / Experience with making an arena #42  
Here's another cheap way to go for either fencing or for an arena. I actually got the idea from friend that did this with four poles for an arena. What it is is landscape timers, the beefy ones. I can pick them up at the end of the season each year for $1 to $1.50 and they are regularly $3 - 4 dollars. The big ones are basically 4 or 5" posts. I soak them in 3 foot of oil for about a month before I put them in the ground. He's had his arena for nine years now and never broken a post. I didn't do my arena that way because I know that cows would probably break it but it makes really nice looking fence. I can do an 8ft. section for about $4-5 getting them on sale.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

Attachments

• 33-37969-Mvc-001s.jpg
    33-37969-Mvc-001s.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 131
   / Experience with making an arena #43  
Here's another pic of it.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

Attachments

• 33-37971-Mvc-002s.jpg
    33-37971-Mvc-002s.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 131
   / Experience with making an arena #44  
Lastly this is how I built my round pen.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

Attachments

• 33-37972-Mvc-009s.jpg
    33-37972-Mvc-009s.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 121
   / Experience with making an arena #45  
Grand looking homestead you have there Richard.
You have nice looking equipment but I didn't see any orange. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Experience with making an arena
Excellent photos! Thanks for taking the time to put them together and post em. 150X300, that's good size. I roughly laid out ours this afternoon and it's big. It dwarfs the 100 foot diameter round pen it's replacing. I also may be able to drain some of the arena tiles away from the barn depending on where we put the arena east-west.
How did you attach the rails on the landscape timber fence? BTW, I was in Home Depot today and they wanted $21 for 100 foot of 4" tile plus $19 for 100 foot of the fabric. I will definitely have to find a contractor's supply.
18-32934-tractorsig2.JPG

/ Experience with making an arena #47  
Sure you do Tom. The skidsteer is orange!!! Not kubota but gehl!

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ Experience with making an arena #48  
You are sure welcome for posting them Grant I hope they help.

Attaching the rails.... That was the easiest part Grant. I just lag bolted them in with 6" lag bolts. I had an 18 volt dewalt that did great. I predrilled with another 12 volt I had and then put the bolts in with the 18 volt. It went up really fast.

That's way too much for the tile. At Lowe's I think it was around $30 for the tile with the sock. Still too much though.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ Experience with making an arena
Richard,
I feel ready to start my arena project. This is one of those build it because the wife says so projects and for some reason the 100 foot round pen just won't do. I will get my wife's uncle to come out and do some "shots" for me. He works in surveying and helped me straighten up the barn. I'm waiting on the weather to dry out and for a horse to get sold. BTW, you don't need a nice 17h TB jumping horse do you? Only kidding. Hope your spring comes soon.
18-32934-tractorsig2.JPG

/ Experience with making an arena #50  
Grant,
Sounds great! You will love it when you get it done. Sorry about the TB, not my market. I use a broker down in Miss. and she can usually get anything sold that you have. If you want I can hook you up with her. I mostly raise QH for ranch work, cutting, and roping. I just went down to Miss. and bought a whole herd of palys, duns, and buckskins from a big breeder down there that got sick and needed to sell out fast. One of those deals that comes along once in a lifetime by being in the right place at the right time! I will probably be joining you in a few months building a breeding, turnout, and riding facility over at my other acreage. I don't have enough pasture here for that many horses. If you have any questions at all just email me while you are working on your project. Good Luck!

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF