F2100 Clutch won't disengage

/ F2100 Clutch won't disengage #1  

Hysyde

Gold Member
Eastern Ontario, Canada (South of Ottawa)
The other night I went to mow the grass and when I depressed the clutch and went to pull the PTO (mower deck) into gear it started grinding severely. I then discovered that my clutch had quit disengaging out of the blue.

The external throw-out mechanism appears to be working but the clutch simply won't disengage. Anyone have any thoughts?

I know I'm probably going to have to split it, which shouldn't be a huge deal on one of these machines. However, to have the mower out of commission at this time of year will be a killer. I'm super busy with work and it's all I can do to keep up with the grass as it is. Currently I can get by, by starting it with the blades in gear.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

/ F2100 Clutch won't disengage #2  
Did you get this problem resolved? I have the exact same issue with my 2100. The 2100 is a backup to our backup so we haven't looked into it. Last winter we used the machine with a snow blower and cab to do sidewalks. We would start it, warm it up then shut it off, engage the PTO and restart it. We've mowed with it the same way a few times. Works, but it's definitely a pain.