F250 shift indicator

/ F250 shift indicator #1  

JJZ 109

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2380/LA344 loader/60" MMM, Bobcat S185 skid steer, JD X394 4 wheel steer mower
Just got a 2014 F250, 6.2 gasser with 6 speed auto. On my previous F150, the display showed 123456 above the normal PRND. It would indicate which gear the truck was in. It did this all the time whether in tow/haul or not. It seemed like there was an option that I could select to have it do this by manipulating the steering wheel buttons for the information display control. I can't seem to find that option on this truck. Am I missing something or did Ford do away with that?
Not an essential function by any means, but nice to have. On my recent Florida trip I could look down at any time to see what gear the truck was in while pulling a 7x14 enclosed trailer.

/ F250 shift indicator #2  
My 2012 F350 only has the indicators on when you are in manual shift mode.

/ F250 shift indicator
My 2012 F350 only has the indicators on when you are in manual shift mode.

My F150 was a 2013 and there was some way to have the indicators going all the time, in manual or not. Maybe this truck doesn't do that.

/ F250 shift indicator #4  
With the truck running press the + button on your shifter and it should come on in the info screen.

/ F250 shift indicator
With the truck running press the + button on your shifter and it should come on in the info screen.

Thanks Z. Just discovered or should say rediscovered that on a run to Tractor Supply for a new rim & spare for my business trailer this evening. I noticed that after shutting off and restarting the truck after my visit, the gear indicator stayed on.