Factory radio question

/ Factory radio question #1  

Retired guy

Bronze Member
Tractor
CK 30HST
The radio in my ck30 HST does not play in the ACC position of the ignition switch. It only plays in the ON position. How big a
job is it to get it to play in the ACC position so I can listen to the radio while stacking the wood I hauled in from the woods. The cab
is factory. Does listening in the ON position do any damage if the engine is not running? Thanks

/ Factory radio question #2  
I would not leave it in the on position without engine running. That position signals slot of electronics like the display computer, glow plugs, etc. just my opinion, not known facts. But i do know they tell us not to do that on cars.

ill have to check my dk45 and see … i dont recall that there was even a accessory position on key. Theres a off, run, start and additional glow plug as i recall. On my truck, theres an actual ACC position.

/ Factory radio question #3  
I have the same issue. The other day I was wiring in an intermittent wiper switch and discovered a plug in the back of the cab that is powered in the acc position. I used that for the wiper switch that needed power. So, I was thinking that I would look for a wire in the roof first that goes to acc, then if not, I would extend the circuit I found up a pillar into the roof.
I used a spade lug and held it in with tape until I can find the proper connector. I think the plug is meant for going out to an implement control system but I don't know for sure.
I guess I should save up for the shop manual
20240225_104526.jpg
20240225_112935.jpg

/ Factory radio question #4  
I take back what i said earlier….i do have an ACC position…..who knew.

manual says acc works audio system and work lights. The cigarette lighter and head lamps do not work with acc position. Now ill have to check this out.