Farm/Retreat Soon - Then Tractor - Help

/ Farm/Retreat Soon - Then Tractor - Help #61  
Relatively speaking, one is pretty affordable, and one is pretty dern pricey. It looks like the OP wants the full monty and asked specifically about a hydraulic auger. I priced them briefly, they are several thousand $$$ more for the hydraulic than the PTO. Also, you have to have the front skid steer attachment and hydralics to run the auger. Not sure what that entails.

What is the difference in price between these two PHD's/augers?

/ Farm/Retreat Soon - Then Tractor - Help #62  
SBAKF, What did you decide on or are you still analyzing? The third function valve is necessary if you plan to use a grapple on front or other devices. You could probably get a 48 or 60" grapple from Markham for about 1000k plus shipping. A WR Long or Kubota 3rd function valve would be about 600 to 700 installed.

If you are thinking of using a front mounted auger ensure your valve on the loader has the flow and capability to run a hydralic motor. The two handle quick attach makes front implement changing a breeze. The rear remotes would be nice but have to be weighed against the list of needs/wanna haves.

I am surprised by price increases since I bought my L4240 in late 2007. I have really enjoyed the backhoe and grapple. They can tear up some stuff. :D