Farmall Cub

/ Farmall Cub #21  
My dad's did too. Only Farmall IHC he ever bought. The rest were Deere and Oliver. Now I look at them and think they were well ahead of their time, and in some aspects still are.

/ Farmall Cub #22  
Here is a picture of my Cub after I restored it about 10 years ago.

Attachments

• scan0024 (Small).jpg
    scan0024 (Small).jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 987
   / Farmall Cub #23  
GeneD14 said:
Here is a picture of my Cub after I restored it about 10 years ago.

Beautiful job Gene !!! That looks like a 60" Woods ??? How did it mow with that mower ?

/ Farmall Cub #24  
You are correct it is a 60" Woods. It didn't have enough power to get out of it's own way. In grass about 5" tall I would have to use 1st gear.

The total lack of power is why I sold it. If it would have been a Farmall "A" or "Super A" I would still have it.

/ Farmall Cub #25  
I have a 44" mower on mine, and 6" grass or tall stuff makes it chug pretty good.

Regular pasture clipping seems fine though.

Soundguy

/ Farmall Cub #26  
Don't have a 'Cub', but have the "Super A". With the soil condtions here, I can't have the front cultivator digging while making the furrows w/ the toolbar in the back. I like deep furrows, and the tires spin out if both are down. Have to cultivate first, then put the ditches in the garden.

Wish we still had the 'Super C' 3 wheel........uncle sold it in the 1990's. Had it's orginal fertilizer set up, front cultivator (original square IH) and rear cultivator (modified to 2 1/4" tool bar). He sold it for $800.00....what he paid for it back in 195X.