Farmall Super A stuck clutch

/ Farmall Super A stuck clutch #1  

farmallbill

Bronze Member
Tractor
farmall m, Allis Chalmers WD x2, Husky 390XP, Husky 455 Rancher
Got a Farmall Super A that has been sitting for several years and after it was started the tractor would not move. It had been sitting inside but the clutch is stuck. I was wondering what would be the best method to try to get the clutch unstuck. Was wondering if jacking up one side, hold the clutch pedal down and try to work the lifted tire forward and backwards, or if there would be a better way.

/ Farmall Super A stuck clutch #2  
The way it sounds, I'm assuming you were able to get it in gear, and the clutch is stuck in the disengaged position..?? If this is correct, then again I'm assuming you pushed in on the clutch, put it in gear, then it would not move..??

If this is the case, might want to check and see if all of the covers are on around the bell housing. Small critters can pack it full of nuts, string, etc. When you pushed down on the clutch pedal, something may have dropped behind the fingers on the pressure plate, and not allow it to work.

On the other hand, if it will not go in gear, and grinds... If you have some room to run, and it has enough battery to start in gear, drive it around with the clutch pedal depressed, and ride the brakes, stabbing them occasionally. A sudden shock, when stabbing the brakes shoud break it loose

/ Farmall Super A stuck clutch
Yes it will not go into gear and grinds. it will run and start. we will give that a try and let you know. thanks

/ Farmall Super A stuck clutch #4  
do this first.

block the clutch down and just leave it like that a day or so.

if no help, then with clutch blocked, tranny in high gear and brakes locked, just keep bumpnig the starter over. if you are lucky.. after 10 bumps she will break loose.

post back