FarmHand Accumulator pump

/ FarmHand Accumulator pump #1  

DecalDude

Tractor
Case IH 5230
Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a Hydraulic Pump that will run off the Baler flywheel and move the proper volume and pressure to operate an 8 bale accumulator table? OR can anyone give the volume and pressure requirements to run such an apparatus? I have one my Dad bought but it isn't the right one and it moves the arm and chain SO SLOW that you bust bales or it will not run them off quick enough that they are virtually together. Any help would be appreciated.

/ FarmHand Accumulator pump #2  
I wouldn't mess with the flywheel - first any loose hay might throw the belt off, and second the slight change in speed when the plunger hits might cause issues with the pump. You didn't mention what kind of baler you have, but if it was available with a kicker it would almost certainly be easier to connect your pump where it would have gotten power.

As far as sizing the pump goes you are going to have to work out the volume of the actuators and how fast you want them to move - this will give you the GPM you want. Then looking at the shaft speed you have available you can determine what size the pump needs to be. And don't forget a relief valve.

ISZ

/ FarmHand Accumulator pump #3  
How many rear remotes hyd outlets do you have now? Your tractor has a 20gpm pump, that should be enough to run it, so take the hyds from your tractor.

/ FarmHand Accumulator pump #4  
on the current pump, guessing you belt drove it, one could try a larger pulley on the pump and spin it faster, if it is with in the spec, of the pump.

surplus center, should have a pump that would pump more gallons a min, to replace it with,