farmtrac 545DTC tranny problem

/ farmtrac 545DTC tranny problem #1  

nebsmoker

I have a farmtrac 545dtc ,it stripped teeth off the 3 gear ,i hate the thought of splitting the tractor and working on it ,i need a diag or manual of it and dont know where to find one,can any one help me?is this a ford tranny? how haed is it to work on? or whats the ball park cost to take it to a dealer?im not a tractor mech but i am a auto master tech-so im just dumb-but not totaly lost:rolleyes: any help would be great.

/ farmtrac 545DTC tranny problem #2  
I have a farmtrac 545dtc ,it stripped teeth off the 3 gear ,i hate the thought of splitting the tractor and working on it ,i need a diag or manual of it and dont know where to find one,can any one help me?is this a ford tranny? how haed is it to work on? or whats the ball park cost to take it to a dealer?im not a tractor mech but i am a auto master tech-so im just dumb-but not totaly lost:rolleyes: any help would be great.

Try starting here: FarmTrac 545 DTC with Specifications

The suggestion to try is not an endorsement. I have never contacted this business.

/ farmtrac 545DTC tranny problem #3  
these guys have the operator,service and part anuals for most tractors. they are not cheap, but for your repair and future repairs will be possible.

the service manual is about the same as the dealer has and the dealer service technician should read and understand.

for my ford tractor, i spent over $400.00. The service manual diagnostic test and problems flow charts to direct you to the problem (most of the time).

Most important, you gain the knowledge to protect yourself. At least, you can tell if the tech knows what he is doing. Some of the guys are 90 day wonders that may know have knowledge of you particular model.

Farm Tech Tractors, Mahindra, Jima, and some Massey, Case are the same tractor with different paint and body style changes. I would buy one. But you need a dealer or technician with the books and experience in the newer tractors. If I buy new tractor, i will stick with the basics and way from the fancy stuff. There are onboard computers, selinoids, and hydralics that mess up and cost a forturne to repair. New Holland, John Deere, Case, Massey all are the same. I have a 16x16 electro hydralic transmission which is this way, and I am not satisfied the dealer knows what he is talking about after reading the service manual. I found an X shop foreman that I believe can fix the problem. At least, he knows the transmission.

Summary, if you transmission is a simple one with a regular clutch, pressure plate, like the old tractors, with the service manual, basic mechanics, a clean area with a hard floor, and a tractor splitting rig, you can "get her done". The service manual for my tractor, gave the detailed drawing for the transmission stand. which allows you to work on it horizontally, and veritically. This is not rocket science. If you can read with basic mechanic skills. you can do it

/ farmtrac 545DTC tranny problem #4  
Farm Tractor Manuals - Tractor Repair, Shop & Service Manual Site

i forgot to paste the tractor manual web site. the service manual is the same the dealer has or very close to it. Pricey, but who can afford $95.00 per hour labor?????????????

Find a retired tractor mechanic, he or she (polically correct ethic) can go through and help or direct you in the right direction. you may need to buy some additional tools or make specialty tools to do the job, but you will own them for ever.