Grading FEL & Back Blade Vs Front blade

/ FEL & Back Blade Vs Front blade #1  

kcook

Platinum Member
Tractor
Cub Lawn Tractor
Looking for some advice, I have been following the thread on FEL with 7800 but with cost as an important option and knowing I plan on using the tractor for landscaping work. What is the better option. I don't know if we can get both a FEL and front blade?

KC

/ FEL & Back Blade Vs Front blade
Any one?

KC

/ FEL & Back Blade Vs Front blade #3  
If I had only one option on my tractor…. It would be a FEL. It is by far the most useful attachment I have.

Just my opinion. Hope this is of some help.

Gary

/ FEL & Back Blade Vs Front blade #4  
Some FEL allow you to take off the bucket and replace it with an angle blade on the loader arms, others just use the hydraulics to control (lift and angle) a dedicated front blade and frame. Check out the Kubota web site for the model you have and the attachments available from Kubota to start with. Aftermarket probably offer different choices.

For landscaping work, a front blade is not at the top of my list as a useful item. You would probably find an FEL and a box blade, or what I have, a landscape rake w/adjustable gauge wheels and flip down grader blade (Landpride)more versatile for spreading and grading.

The FEL carries and dumps material, and the rake spreads it at whatever thickness the gauge wheels are set at. You can even do both at once, sprinkling stone or topsoil from the front bucket while dragging the rake.

The toplink adjustment on the 3pt hitch is important to set properly to get the right attack angle for the rake and blade. You can set it up and put an inexperienced operator on the tractor and tell them to just keep driving around as it keeps shaving the high spots and filling the lows and you'll end up with a nice smooth finish.

/ FEL & Back Blade Vs Front blade #5  
FEL for sure, hands down. Especially for landscaping work. YOu can do most things with a FEL including grading etc. with some patience. There are definately tools that are dedicated to do any job better but for all around usefulness and good investment, the FEL is the best option in my opinion.

/ FEL & Back Blade Vs Front blade #6  
FEL and back blade, no contest. I have a B1700 4WD HST, which I think is about the same size as the current 7800.
PaulB