FEL control valve frozen this morning??

/ FEL control valve frozen this morning??
Thanks, good to have.
Still trying to figure out how to remove vinyl cover?
Need to see if I can find the drain holes this morning.

/ FEL control valve frozen this morning?? #12  
Jodebg,

I'm wondering if it is just the fact that you live in New Hartford? I randomly came across your thread and it perked my curiosity because my brother just bought a new LS and is experiencing the EXACT same problem. What's the other common denominator?...he lives in New Hartford too...small world.

All kidding aside, he contacted his dealer and the assumption is moisture, like others have stated. He installed a 3rd Function so we just assumed it was related to a mis-installed boot, etc. My brother does currently keep his tractor with exposure to the elements but it is still reasonably dry when it's wet out. Long story short, at first service, the dealer is going to take the assembly apart, clean, and pack it with synthetic grease.

For now...my brother is using the hair dryer heat method to free it up. He also puts a garbage bag over it to try and shed water but, it hasn't helped...more than likely because the moisture damage was already done. This might work much better after everything is 100% fluid, in order to see a beneficial effect.

Will keep you posted on his saga...