FEL Hydraulic Leak

/ FEL Hydraulic Leak #1  

Nuckman

I just had a LA302 FEL installed on my B7500 last week. The dealer was out of these when I got the tractor in July. I picked up on Friday. Finally got a chance to use the FEL yesterday, after about an hour of use I notice one of the quick couplers is leaking. It is leaking out where the two fittings connect. What needs to be checked? I disconnected and reconnected, but don't think that fixed it.

/ FEL Hydraulic Leak #2  
I had a constant dripping leak on my LA302/B7500 coming
from somewhere on the hand control box where the four
hoses connect.

The leak/dripping would get worse as the oil got hotter.

Turned out to be a bad O ring; a dealer pulled it apart and stuck a new one in in about ten minutes - has not leaked since then.

/ FEL Hydraulic Leak #3  
Hi Nuckman

I had the same problem on the quick coupler on my 4-1 bucket, and fixed it the same way as Snowman, by replacing the 'O' rings.

Regards

Chris

/ FEL Hydraulic Leak #4  
seems to me u must have a bad o ring, or a dinged up coupler. let the dealer handel it. there should be nothing leaking out of anything on a new machine.

/ FEL Hydraulic Leak
I spoke with the Dealer this AM. They are ordering new o-rings and a new set of quick couplers. I will pick up Thursday. He said they haven't had any problems like that, so they don't stock those spare parts.

/ FEL Hydraulic Leak #6  
<font color=blue>...They are ordering new o-rings...they don't stock those spare parts...</font color=blue>

Huh?... "O" Rings are 5 & 10 cent items... about as popular as dirt in a corner of a working shop...

What kind of shop does this dealer maintain?

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ FEL Hydraulic Leak
It is a very small shop, at a small dealership in rural SC. There is one mechanic, one parts man, a part time bookkeeper, and the dealer. He did say they haven't had any leaks on these. I know they sell a good many FELs because I've seen them move off the lot. I would carry my tractor back and have them fix the leak but I have to borrow a trailer and it is 18 miles one way. It is eaiser to get the parts from him for nothing and fix it myself.