FEL Joystick Control Cable Repair

/ FEL Joystick Control Cable Repair #11  
Hey Rob do you sell that part you made for your joy stick? If so contact me plz (nyr856@gmail.com)

Thanks

/ FEL Joystick Control Cable Repair #12  
My COFLE joystick jammed in 2018 on my Case JX 85, at that time it was a 15 years old tractor with 150 hours.

I took it apart, loaded it with grease and reinstalled. This week, It jammed, fixed itself half a dozen times. Thereafter it jammed permanently.

I took it apart and removed the handle and the swivel and reinstalled the rest. Now I use it by prying the white plastic part with a big nail and reverse by pushing on the white plastic parts.

I will make and bolt 2 levers to the 3 inch X 3 inches black metal box. I will be very happy, I even prefer to use the two levers, like in the old days.

The lever to up and down the loader will move forward and back, then to empty the bucket, the lever will move left and right, just like my backhoe levers

Has anyone considered this ??

Last edited:
   / FEL Joystick Control Cable Repair #13  
I didn't get anywhere trying to get new control cables for the Cofle Joystick in my other thread.
So I decided to go ahead and repair the broken ones. I had a cable break a couple years ago in exactly the same place and I saved it for a repair like this. Below are a couple photos of the plastic molded end that fit onto the joystick toggles. You can see where the plastic broke off...right at the end of the brass cable ferrule.

I figured the cable ferrule was over-molded and I was right.
I used a cut-off wheel and some grinding hand pieces to expose it. When I did, I saw the brass ferrule had a recess on it which is what held the pastic onto it.

Rob, if you get a chance I'd like to talk to you about this since this is working for you.
304-205-3800,
Thanks Tyler,