FEL leaking down LA302

/ FEL leaking down LA302 #1  

Adam23

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500
Hey Y'all,

Last night I did some maintenance on my tractor (B7500 with LA302 FEL) and the wife called me up to dinner just after I had finished. I left my loader off the ground about 12 inches and went up to dinner. I came back down after my son went to bed so it was a total of about 2 hours and the loader was almost on the ground. What should I start looking into first as I don't think that I should be experiencing that much leak down on the loader? thanks for the insight!

/ FEL leaking down LA302 #2  
The loader and 3 pt hitch (with a load) on my L4400 have leaked down since it was new. Neither leak down with the tractor running. It has not affected the function of either one.

/ FEL leaking down LA302 #3  
Adam,
I have a 7510 that has less than 100 hours and the same thing happens. The 3PH leaks down a few inches over a day or two even if it only has about 50lbs of weight on it. That is why I never leave the loader off the ground when I walk away from the tractor. I'd keep the machine!!!

/ FEL leaking down LA302
I wonder if this is just a Kubota thing. I had a Yanmar before this and it did not leak down, and my good freind has a NH TC35 that does not leak down at all either. I am not sure about the 3ph, I am only talking about the FEL in all these examples. Strange :confused: Hopefully others will post to this thread on wether their FEL leaks down or not so that we can decide it is an issue with our tractors or not. I would think that the hydro system should NOT leak back on either the FEL or the 3ph. An inch or 2 over a day or 2 is acceptable, but I am talking several inches per hour. To me that is not right at all. Other thoughts??

/ FEL leaking down LA302 #5  
Big Dad..... My B7510 Leaks down. Both Loader and 3 Point. No biggie G.I.

/ FEL leaking down LA302 #6  
Do not get too exited, leak down is pretty common. My 302 loader with 2600 + hours on it does the same thing.:D

/ FEL leaking down LA302 #7  
I have experience with all kinds of equipment with hydraulics including Cat, JD, IH, Ford, Case...etc. Leak or creep down is pretty normal when the engine is not running. Never trust trust your hydraulics to stay up when the engine is not running.

/ FEL leaking down LA302
Well alrighty then! I will mark this one off my list. Thanks everybody.

/ FEL leaking down LA302 #9  
Neither the LA473 loader on my L3400 or the 3 PT leak down. Then again, it would make no difference to me if they did.