FEL operation

/ FEL operation #31  
I am working on a little (?) projest now with my FEL and hoe. My quanset hut was built into the side of a hill with the dirt of the hill up against the foundation of the hut. Each winter I wind up with 6-8" of ice on the floor next to the wall so I decided to dig out about 6-8' of the hill so the run-off could run elsewhere. I quickly learned that when in a tight spot, its a lot easier when your rear wheels are on level ground (I have uncovered sections of bedrock sticking up on one side that ain't gonna move) so when I do dig too deep in one spot, I make sure that the next bucket goes back into the hole.
The other thing I've learned is that when I go in the lane beside the hut and only get 1/2 a bucket, just bring it out and dump it on level ground. Then go in and get another half. After I have a mound of dirt/rocks/gravel I THEN pick it up and carry it the 200' to my dump spot.
OH, and using a FEL with hydro is about 400% easier than using one with a clutch....

/ FEL operation #32  
Watched a dump truck up the road as he backed in to a slightly off-level area. The side to side angle was very slight,...but I couldn't believe he was going to dump on that angle. Up went the box,...then,...Oooh Ouch! Over she goes!

Made me think how often I've started raising my tractor bucket and realized the slight grade, (side to side) could easily tip me over! Level 'er up a bit!

Just thought it worth a reminder that a loaded bucket can change the centre of gravity drastically as it gains altitude!!! Of course even an "empty" bucket in a raised position while driving off level or turning, can easily cause a roll over. One more tip,.. backing up with bucket raised, then turning and braking will roll you over quickly!! (Ever realize how often we do it without thinking?)

Think safety!
. . tug