FEL Removal

/ FEL Removal #1  

ChrisJ

Tractor
MF 1428v, gear
I have a 1428v and I am having trouble taking the FEL off. Each time I follow the instructions the loader nearly destroys the front end of my tractor. Directions say to remove pins and lift loader, this should cause the loader to lift off of it's mounts, but instead the bucket lifts about a foot or so then comes crashing down. I've already gouged the side of the engine cover once and I don't want to cause anymore damage. It seems like the bucket needs to be weighted down for the removal to occur as the instructions state. I am concerned I'm going to cause the machine or myself serious harm if I don't figure this out. I use this machine with a rear finish mower and prefer not to have the loader on (I caught a small tree with the bucket making a turn). If anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

/ FEL Removal #2  
Chris,

Did you try calling the dealer from where you purchased the machine and ask him to come show you how to do this? I usually mention to my dealer "I'm not sure how to do this and I don't feel safe" and then he usually sets up a time to stop by and go over this with me.

You might try that.

Just a thought.

28Red /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ FEL Removal #3  
Chris,What you have to do is first pull the pins then back-up about four inches with the bucket sitting on the ground ,that gets the bucket off the the carring pins,then you do the lift motion which forces the front foot down to the ground ,when its down enough to sit on the ground stop.Then unhook your hydraulics and thats it...Remember it will be easier to hook back-up if you leave the bucket at the same height to just pull right up to it,hook up hydraulics,move on to pins push bucket downwhich will lift the foot into position pull forwarduntil loader moves onto carriage pins reinstall locking pins /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ FEL Removal #4  
ChrisJ,

My loader (for a MF 1215) appears identical to yours. My instruction manual is just as bad, and the results are the same.

My solution is not elegant, but it works. I put the bucket in almost the full dump position, resting on the ground, then pull the pins. At that point things work as per instructions. The only difference is that you have to slip an 8" x 8" block under the crossbar to keep the arms from hitting the tires. I have only done it a few times, and for me involves many trips around the tractor to figure things out, making sure everything is still in balance.

The old farm boy at the dealer told me all you have to do is "bounce it off", but that didn't sound appealing or safe. The instructions mention "rolling" the bucket, but I haven't figured that out yet. Good luck!

Curt

/ FEL Removal #5  
ChrisJ, You ever get your loader to come off safely?
I took mine off the way you have described
#1 loader on ground flat surface
#2 pull pins
#3 slowly raise bucket (mine lifts rear mounts off)
#4 pry front bracket (foot) out of carrying lip(new its tight)
#5 lift loader rest of way till foot hits floor
#6 disconnect lines and back away

Sounds as if your loader brackets are holding on to the loader or your bucket hasn't got enough weight to it or in it,maybe try putting something heavy in it to hold it down and let the bracket raise up...Mine was a pain too but it did come off properly, next time should even be easier
Good Luck

/ FEL Removal #6  
when i remove mine i lift bucket 1-2" and shake with lift till the rear lifts off mount just enough to see the loops with bucket on the ground, then back up with a short jerk that will set rear mount on top of loop then back while raising loader to set the front frame on the ground, disconect hoses and go mowing.