FEL whacking things when backing up.

/ FEL whacking things when backing up. #31  
To maintain a crane operator license, had to have yearly tests for depth perception. Some of my technicians had trouble or could not past this test. More common than not. Think your case was distraction. I have hit $hit too. Age, trifocals, sweat, and many different attachments both front and back are my excuses. Tractors need your full attention.
I just got new & “improved” (I.e. stronger Rx) progressive lense eye glasses. The increased fish bowl effect is really messing with me. 😖 Depth perception 👎 and forget about eyeballing anything as level.

/ FEL whacking things when backing up. #32  
Ha! Hard to see the bucket edges when looking forward. Almost impossible to see the bucket when backing looking backwards. I took out a post on the carport backing one time. I watch and see much better now. How we learn. Ha!

/ FEL whacking things when backing up. #33  
Have mounted a couple of these mirrors to help watch what is around me.

United Pacific Stainless Steel Rectangular Convex Mirror w/U-Bracket for Cars, Trucks, Boats, Tractors, Forklifts, Improves Visibility – 1 Unit https://a.co/d/cu7Vlkq

Help with age related neck and back range of motion.

/ FEL whacking things when backing up. #34  
It is just the learning curve teaching you some operator skills.

/ FEL whacking things when backing up. #35  
Funny until you run over your dog, someone else' dog, or someone else's kid. Then nobody will be laughing.

/ FEL whacking things when backing up. #36  
I've been very fortunate not to damage anything more than the bark of a smallish tree with my loader bucket. The recommendation to remove the bucket is a good one. I think I'll start doing that.

/ FEL whacking things when backing up. #37  
How many times do you see somebody with a divot in their tailgate? For years I wondered how they happen, the only thing I could think of was hauling a heavy pipe sticking out beyond the tailgate. One day somebody drove past me and their dented tailgate was down, and the light dawned!
I put a nice one in the tailgate of my truck a few years ago from the jack on my trailer. Had it down to be able to better see the trailer. Only was an issue with sharp turns, but only took one of them... :oops:

/ FEL whacking things when backing up. #38  
I can literally attach or detach my loader in 3 to 5 minutes. Why in the name of sight line would anyone leave a loader on a tractor if they are not using it.
Well, the "not using it" thing becomes an issue no matter what we're doing on our property. We have needed the FEL numerous times to get out of being otherwise irreparably stuck- whether bogged down in swamp mud, or high-centered by the mower, or caught on an uneven tipping point with a tire in an unseen hole or rut.

Our property is well-treed and variously hilly and swampy depending where we're working, so there are very few times when having the FEL on is both a pain in the A$$, and at the same time potentially a Godsend.

More than a few of our tees have scars from the FEL or ballast box, and there are a couple of dents and/or holes in the circa 2012 metal barn walls [our B2320 is circa 2011].

Your mileage may vary.

/ FEL whacking things when backing up. #39  
Dropped the FEL off for a few days of mowing and scraping weeds. Nice to have it off of there for a bit but it's time to put it back on. I rocks to sort from the dirt pile.